CPU/Mobo Quad Core System

sagarahuja

Disciple
I wanna to buy a new system...main components as follows

Intel Q6600
GA-EP45-UD3R
MSI HD4670 1GB
m also thinking abt DDR3 mobo GA-EP45T-UD3LR bt tht's a little pricy here coz f it's availability..
same is wid q6600....

can anybody tell current prices n availability in delhi????
also, any suggestions/alternatives???

Thanks
Sagar

this rig wud have been perfect some 2-3 months back...arnd the time i got mine..

but if u want to go the ddr3 way....better look at amd..

other amd users and experts can guide u better

also judging frm ur specs ur budget is sub 50k ...think u can get a good phenom II rig in tht

Q6600 is kinda EOL and you barely find it anywhere

some guys have one or two pieces of it but they have hiked the prices

only good quads that u will find are Q8200,Q9400,Q9550,Q9650

but at the moment, it is better if you go with AMD Phenom II x4 920/940/955

Well...budget is rougly 23k(Max) for these 3 items....

2ndly...i need intel...so no amd plzz...

3rdly...i need gud gfx...n multitasking pc...

In place of q6600, m luking for q8400..what say???

n confusion mainly lies b/w DDR2 / DDR3 boards.....coz i jst read several benchmarks DDR2 800Mhz VS DDR3 1333Mhz...1 of thm is Benchmark1

So, nw main concern becomes mobo...As mentioned above on top, i found those 2 boards good...coz thy offer gud features including easy OC...n after reading benchmarks n reviews...i found DDR2 same as DDR3(Except in Video Encoding), so thnking 2 put more in CPU...wht say guys???

do mention quotes wid ur suggestionss...

dealers r welcum...

Thanks

Sagar

(New Delhi)

Wait a few days the Q9450/Q9550 prices are supposed to fall, I think lots of people in TE upgraded from Q6600 to it, so you should find some ppl offloading there stuff... either way you will get a good deal

Price have already gone down as we can see in Amarbir's thread in the dealer section Q9550 is 12k which was 15.5k few days back.

Get a Q9550 with P45 chipset along with 2x2 DDR2 Ram(Gskill or Corsair)

tommy_vercetti said:
Wait a few days the Q9450/Q9550 prices are supposed to fall, I think lots of people in TE upgraded from Q6600 to it, so you should find some ppl offloading there stuff... either way you will get a good deal

sagarahuja said:
2ndly...i need intel...so no amd plzz...

any particular reason for that?

what would you gbe using the pc for?

the amd options mentioned here will have a longer life and upgradeablity ahead of them than intel.

^^ Bleh :p. With advices like that you are sure to reap people's budget off.

@ OP: You are lot better off with AMD. But unfortunately you seem to have some silly superstition about AMD :D. As of now AMD gives better performance with the same money spent but if you want to waste money on intel go ahead. But what's a point in asking for a tech advice in a neutral tech forum when you are simply a fanboy? No disrespect- but I suggest you dig your head out of the ground and google for benchmarks about amd x4 processors and you will see comparison with intel processors as well.

:)Thanks for your concern n precious time sir...:)
may b...sum f us intel guys...sryy...'fanboy' r superstition...bt i believe...tht u also mst b so...sumwhr in lyf...esp. wid ur NO-HAIR CUT on tuesdays...
abt perfrmance....hmmm...i do c phenom's gud...n offers more...bt...lyk u c...whn u or nyothr guy...goes buying a car...b/w New Corolla Altis and Honda Civic...prefers civic...y so...???? though new corolla offers much similar features...n prfmnce n cheaper too(top model comparison)....wht wud u say 2 thm???r thy fanboys????
SX4 & Honda CITY...evn whn u cum across such thing…whr MARUTI’s been serving since long, der also people prefer HONDA City
same wid Accord n Embera….
jst coz it's HONDA??? wht wud u say 2 thm???r thy fanboys????
No disrespect - Jst wanna clear the title..."Fan Boy':hap2
n last bt nt d least...i suppose...der r some guys here....who use intel or hav fair gud knowledge.....so, is the thread here for...:)
and…I got a gud match i guess….since budget is tight, so Q8400 and Biostar TP45D2-A7 seems gud…

Thanks for the replies guys…:)

processor and cars ? :S

had to read ur post twice.. slowly the second to get through ur sms lingo.

in the end.. get wat makes u happy. its ur pc, ur investment, ur enjoyment. we are here just to give advice. so.. :cool2:

ps: any reason behind ur superstition for intel? just curious

people like intel cuz it sounds better and is more popular :p thats what i think...

No. of Intel Systems > No. of AMD systems [Generally, atleast in India]

sagarahuja said:
may b...sum f us intel guys...sryy...'fanboy' r superstition...bt i believe...tht u also mst b so...sumwhr in lyf...esp. wid ur NO-HAIR CUT on tuesdays...

and…I got a gud match i guess….since budget is tight, so Q8400 and Biostar TP45D2-A7 seems gud…
Point 1 , I am speechless :S

Point 2 , Q8400's availability may be tricky since its fairly new

sagarahuja said:
:O
To quote mav2000, "Wow man....i have seen some hardcore guys but you my friend have walked away with the cake, the baker, the bakery and the baker's daughter."

sagarahuja said:
:)Thanks for your concern n precious time sir...:)
abt perfrmance....hmmm...i do c phenom's gud...n offers more...bt...lyk u c...whn u or nyothr guy...goes buying a car...b/w New Corolla Altis and Honda Civic...prefers civic...y so...???? though new corolla offers much similar features...n prfmnce n cheaper too(top model comparison)....wht wud u say 2 thm???r thy fanboys????
SX4 & Honda CITY...evn whn u cum across such thing…whr MARUTI’s been serving since long, der also people prefer HONDA City
same wid Accord n Embera….
jst coz it's HONDA??? wht wud u say 2 thm???r thy fanboys????
No disrespect - Jst wanna clear the title..."Fan Boy':hap2
n last bt nt d least...i suppose...der r some guys here....who use intel or hav fair gud knowledge.....so, is the thread here for...:)

Thanks for the replies guys…:)
Bastardisation of english, at its finest!

AMD Phenom II X4 940 B.E. @ 10.8k
Biostar TA790GXB A3+ Mobo @ 5.8k
Kingston/Transcend 2*2=4GB DDR2 800MHz @ 2.4k
Corsair VX450W @ 3.9k
Palit GTX260 SONIC @ 11k

STRONGLY suggest this. AND WTH is wrong with you guys, INTEL INTEL what intel pays you for this?

Back