2x 1TB WD Black internal HDD
Kingston 120GB SSD
NZXT Guardian 921

probable additions in near-future:

a blu-ray disc drive
Xonar STX
sound-activated light controller module

TIA

I have a similiar config, looking forward to buying a new cabinet and SMPS which I'll use along with my next upgrade as well in the coming 2-3 years.

Is Seasonic S12ii 620W okay for i5 6500 and GTX 970 ? Or will the S12ii 520W suffice? Any other brand like Corsair or Antec to consider which is more VFM and has decent warranty period ?

^Even the 520W should be fine. If you dont want to voerclock a lot, even the 430W should be fine. Your system won't draw more than 300W. Not sure about seasonic ASS, but PSU quality in general is among the best.

I have a similiar config, looking forward to buying a new cabinet and SMPS which I'll use along with my next upgrade as well in the coming 2-3 years.

Is Seasonic S12ii 620W okay for i5 6500 and GTX 970 ? Or will the S12ii 520W suffice? Any other brand like Corsair or Antec to consider which is more VFM and has decent warranty period ?

You may get away with 520W. I would recommend getting 620W though to have some headroom.

U can easily decide what power is required using PSU calculators available online . .just select your config and it will tell you power output required pretty accurately . .and don't worry about PSU wattage not being sufficient for future graphics cards, new gen cards are much more energy sufficient and drains less power

Back