PS3 with Samsung 2233SW Monitor?

Hi all,,

I m planning to buy a PS3 Slim which i want to connect to my Samsung 2233SW monitor which has only a DVI input,,

I m planning to use a HDMI to DVI cable and my monitor is HDCP compliant...

I jus wanted to know is any one already playing the PS3 on Samsung 2233SW bcoz i didnt find anything related to this on the Internet.

^^ thats y im waiting to make sure if sumone is already using it,,,otherwise after buying the PS3 i have to look for a new HDMI supporting monitor,,,

Gannu said:
If it's an HDCP compliant LCD, it'd work.

check the 5th way from the below link

http://www.ps3blog.net/2006/10/09/5-ways-to-connect-your-ps3/
ya he is right but the problem will be with getting sound

Dvi doesn't have sound included, only video.

If you want sound you'll have to use the analogue cables (the red and white wires) and put them into an amplifier/surround system if you want to hear any sound.(i dont know if it works )

You could also use the optical out (if you have an amp or surround system that accepts optical) and that would have the same effect, though the sound would be better.(this i used it -works 100%)

LCD will work.
Connect HDMI to DVI cable for video and female 2 RCA Jack for audio i use a cheap audio pin and it works cost me only Rs.12 ;-)

@ dinjo

Do u have the same monitor?

Samsung 2233SW

Audio can be done later,,the main prob is that will i be able to play on 1080p or 720p or will it have ne scaling problems?

@gannu...

u too have a ps3 right,,u play on which monitor or TV?

I have Dell E1909W.
You would be able to play at Full HD 1080p, make sure audio is sorted as no point playing without audio.No Scaling Problem be assured.

sourcewop said:
Games on ps3 and 360 are 720p none is pure 1080p, may be God of war 3 will be pure 1080p.

FUD! Please don't spread that. There're games which natively support 1080p for the PS3 - Ninja Gaiden Sigma, NGS 2, Assassin's Creed 2 etc.

Here's more!

Here's the list for X360 titles though I'm not sure of them since I do not own a X360 myself!

Gannu said:
FUD! Please don't spread that. There're games which natively support 1080p for the PS3 - Ninja Gaiden Sigma, NGS 2, Assassin's Creed 2 etc.!
Assassin's Creed 2 runs natively at 720p.

Back