PS3 Jailbreak - Discussion Thread

There are lot of new videos for jailbreaking PS3 with 4.31, 4.30 firmware on youtube. Has anyone tried it? I never had ps3 so noob in this area. But with jailbreaking with latest os and ability of online gaming (probably) things are becoming more interesting. Also videos show updating os with usb drive and no other hardware....... as wanted to confirm whether its true or not.

what if they stop making eboot fixes for 3.55 cfw(even though it is viable and possible) because the 4.xx versions are out?then dinjo and party will have to upgrade ,i guess..,as for me,i am not keeping this PITA with me any longer,selling it off tommorow...whew!!!!

what if they stop making eboot fixes for 3.55 cfw(even though it is viable and possible) because the 4.xx versions are out?then dinjo and party will have to upgrade ,i guess..,as for me,i am not keeping this PITA with me any longer,selling it off tommorow...whew!!!!
Fixes will always come out, Some person or the other will keep em releasing, even if it stopped Rogero's CFW is quite stable now.
Guys, my ps3 is on 4.21OFW never JBen, can I update to 4.31 and use the Rogero CFW?

Nope u cant, did u ever update it or was it initially on 4.21 ?

Fixes will always come out, Some person or the other will keep em releasing, even if it stopped Rogero's CFW is quite stable now.

Nope u cant, did u ever update it or was it initially on 4.21 ?

Its a pretty old phat pre 2009, must have been 2.xx when i got, have updated a bazillion times, just read on Ps3Hax, need to donwngrade to 3.55 using the CECHHxx(OK To Downgrade) NOR = Teensy++ / Progskeet / E3 Flasher, not sure how to proceed..

Its a pretty old phat pre 2009, must have been 2.xx when i got, have updated a bazillion times, just read on Ps3Hax, need to donwngrade to 3.55 using the CECHHxx(OK To Downgrade) NOR = Teensy++ / Progskeet / E3 Flasher, not sure how to proceed..

E3 flasher I read is required.

Couldn't wait anymore!
Switched from Kmeaw 3.55 to Roger 4.30 yesterday :D
All is well so far, and the best thing almost every title from collection worked out of the box without need for resigning or any crap!

It's an old one. I was supposed to get it today but now I have to wait for a couple of more days :( Can I JB and go online with it? Also advantages/disadvantages?

Yes u can access PSN with 4.21/4.30 CFW but its not recommended, These CFWs have bulit-in tools for PSN but recently Sony started sending out mails about permanently banning people on CFWs.

And yeah some people have reported successfully playing online with some games.

Back