Car & Bike problem with my bike please help me?

loverboy jai

Disciple
m jai from blore m owning fz16 from jan2009.. after 4th service my bike giving little problem.... and the problem is wen i put up[ the side stand for an hour/an half, n wen the bike starts at the idle(2000rpm) state n if i give the accelerator(@above 2000rpm) the bike will gonna offff..:(.. after some time like 15-30secs if i keep my acceleration in idling(@2000rpm) then the bike will be increasing slowly above 3000rpm... then i can travel easily... y this is happenning??? :huh:

dude, its a classic case of low idling RPM setting.

you just need to increase the base RPM for the bike. if you look closely around your engine, you'll see a small screw/knob, and turning this will either increase or decrease your idling RPM.

you can do this yourself (if you know how to), or you can take it to any mechanic/service center.

Just take your bike to yamaha service center or better take it to castrol bike point and explain yr problem

or as phoenix explained, you can do it yourself.. for details refer the FZ16 manual its explained with pics

Dont worry its a simple idling problem, lower it little bit yourself try to reduce it till 1000 rpm approx . Also check if ur accelerator cable reverses completely once u leave it (check its connection near carburetor). :)

Back