Audio Price of Z5500

It's available readily in B'lore & the reports are not good because it does not have the capability to handle bitstream DTS:MA or DD:Tru HD, which are the multi positional audio formats for Blue Ray drives.

Also, there's no option for HDMI input, as these features are anyway not present in the Z5500, you won't be missing on anything.

Sound quality wise it's just the same.

A set that accepts 2 digital inputs for 15k is a win. Irrespective of how mediocre it may sound compared to 25k AVR setups. Dealers are probably clearing the old stocks.

vercetti said:
err...i got it for 15k 2 years back from a guy in TE itself ...Redbull:)

Err that was Redbull's quote. We are referring to the present sale price of the unit. It was retailing near the 19k mark back then. :p

I had enquired at IT Depot, a retail showroom in Chennai where it was at 22k last month. But I had seen flyers/ Hangings telling MRP @ 19K. You can decide.

Hacker said:
Where did he get it in Pune ??

Karan Solutions on East street. Try your luck bargaining :p

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Gannu said:
A set that accepts 2 digital inputs for 15k is a win. Irrespective of how mediocre it may sound compared to 25k AVR setups. Dealers are probably clearing the old stocks.

Agree that Gannu Sir. Have already seen the Z906 being sold here at 17.5K.

^Wow then that's a killer pricing for the Z906! Reviews have been fairly good and for folks (like me!) who do not prefer a bulky receiver on the TV shelf, this is an all-round good solution.

Heck, the new set accepts 1 extra optical port. :)

avinash4 said:
Agree that Gannu Sir. Have already seen the Z906 being sold here at 17.5K.
Where in Pune is it available for 17.5K

Who knows maybe in a month I might be able to convince my wife that a speaker set is more important than a microwave. :p

Gannu said:
^Wow then that's a killer pricing for the Z906! Reviews have been fairly good and for folks (like me!) who do not prefer a bulky receiver on the TV shelf, this is an all-round good solution.

Heck, the new set accepts 1 extra optical port. :)

Yeah, but the control pod on Z5500 looks better than Z906.

BTW, Is there any way where in, I can give more than one optic input to Z-5500. I ll have to connect my PC and HD Box to Z-5500.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Renegade said:
Where in Pune is it available for 17.5K

Who knows maybe in a month I might be able to convince my wife that a speaker set is more important than a microwave. :p

I Guess it was in S.Tech Sir. You might get it at same price in Karan Solutions too.

Back