Budget 90k+ Powerful PC with Ryzen 9 + MB, 128 GB RAM, 4 TB NVMe, CPU, Cooler, PSU, UPS

alpha5555

Disciple
  1. What is your budget?
    • Willing to spend whatever is required to get good performing PC with the required specifications.
  2. What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)
    • N/A
  3. Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)
    • N/A
  4. Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.
    • CPU - AMD Ryzen 9
    • Motherboard - Any compatible Motherboard which would give good performance.
    • RAM - DDR5 quad core - minimum 64 GB or could go for 128 GB as well
    • SSD - 4 TB M.2 NVMe Gen4 or Gen5 for main OS Drive, plus I need to buy a few 2 TB M.2 NVMe SSD extra as well.
    • HDD - 2 Normal Hard Drives of 8 TB or 10 TB capacity each, for data storage
    • PSU - 1000 or 1500 W, depending upon this configuration plus 2 GPU for running 8 monitors of 4K UHD resolution.
    • CPU cooler - One which would be able to keep the CPU cool even during high CPU load and long duration continuous usage
    • UPS - 2KVA
  5. Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component
    • This is just a temporary configuration which I will upgrade for sure, for a more powerful machine, within next 6 months itself.
  6. Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)
    • Open to online purchase, will prefer to buy most components second hand, but if unable to find, then open for new components as well.
  7. What is your intended use for this PC/hardware
    • Gaming - No gaming of any type.
    • Work - This will be used only for work and not for any entertainment etc.
  8. Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.
    • AMD CPU is preferred over the Intel.
  9. If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?
    • No games will be played on this machine
  10. What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage
    1. I will use a total of 8 monitors of 4K UHD 3840 by 2160 pixels with this machine.
  11. Are you looking to overclock?
    • No
  12. Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?
    • Windows 11
    • Linux

Hello Friends, looking forward to receive some suggestions for building the above mentioned configuration. Please note that mine requirements are a bit DIFFERENT then normal users who mostly want to play video games etc.

Please note that I do zero video gaming and zero movie watching etc. And this PC will be used for professional work only and not for any types of entertainment etc. My work involves doing massive amounts of data crunching based on huge database files, involving billions of data rows. My analysis software are multi threaded and they make use of extra CPU cores etc. to do the work quickly. The better hardware you have, the quicker they complete the workflows, which I have to run on a regular basis.

The SPEED of Data Processing in terms of the combined power of "CPU multiple cores, Motherboard, RAM and the SSD", is the most important factor for me. I would need all of these 4 components to work in complete harmony to give me the best output at the fastest speeds possible, without any one single component acting as a BOTTLENECK which would slow down the overall workflow. And the more CPU cores I have, the better it is for my workflow execution, therefor going with Ryzen 9 instead of Ryzen 7.

Regarding why I am choosing AMD over Intel CPU in this configuration, even though Intel seems to have slightly better performance per core, is because Intel CPU consumes more energy and generate more heat compared to their AMD Counterparts, as explained nicely in this article -

This article does a detailed comparison between Intel Core i9-13900K and AMD Ryzen 9 7950X and shows that Intel is more power hungry for sure. And since my work will require to keep running my machine continuously for multiple days at a stretch without any shut downs and most often my workflows will keep the CPU at 100 % load, therefor choosing a more efficient CPU becomes very critical for me. I will need to have really effective cooling solution as well for this machine.

Currently I do not plan to buy a cabinet in a hurry, instead I will wait for all the individual parts to get arranged first and I will run it without cabinet for some time and will buy cabinet and additional cooling fans etc. later on.

I will prepare a separate thread about my GPU and Monitors requirements, because I have to do some more homework in that direction first. I need to buy 8 monitors of 4K UHD 3840 by 2160 pixels with this machine to form a big size monitor wall. But please don't be alarmed as I would not require any fancy features of fast refresh rates or color accuracy etc. for these monitors, because all I would be watching on these screens is just the Stock Market Charts and Graphs and Data Tables etc. No movie or Video Games type of stuff would every be done on them. I am buying UHD 4k monitors only because they give me a huge number of pixels and great amount of SCREEN SPACE, which I will need to watch a lot of different charts simultaneously. Lower resolution monitors will not be able to provide me that much of screen real estate. I will explain all this properly, when I create the new thread for monitors requirement.

Also, please note that this is going to be just a temporary machine for me and I will sell it at discount within a period of around 6 months, within which I am planning to build a powerful server cluster involving multiple AMD Epyc Servers so that I can create huge size virtual machines having 100 + CPU cores and a few hundred GB of RAM and atleast 10 TB+ of very fast M.2 NVMe SSD space etc. for doing data analysis at a very fast pace.

Right now, I am too busy with other tasks in my life, that I am not being able to devote the required time and energy for creating this type of powerful server, therefor as a temporary measure for the time being, I have decided to settle with this Ryzen 9 machine instead. That server gonna cost me many lacs, therefor I do not want to spend this money in a haste, without doing proper research etc.

And because of this reason I would prefer to buy most of these components second hand, so that I do not take a huge hit when I have to sell them back, 6 months down the road. I am thinking about starting a thread in "WTB - Want to Buy" segment, once the exact configuration gets finalized.

For making these suggestions, if you need any more clarifications regarding anything, please do not hesitate in asking. I will explain everything in more details, whenever needed. Any help that anyone can provide in suggesting and/or sourcing these required components would be great.

Thanks a lot for any guidance.

Best Regards

Much better to buy 4 drives of 4TB each. In case of failure you don't loose all the other drives. Also chances of drive failure increases with higher storage sizes.
Thank you for your suggestion. I was opting for 8 TB Drives, thinking that these can be used in my next rig as well, where I would need a ton of space. But if I don't get any good offer on bigger drives, then I am fine with the 4*4 TB Drives as well, for the time being.
if there's no gaming involved, please get 2x T600 (nVidia Quadro grade) GPUs. each supports 4 miniDP 5k60 outputs. Dual Quadros should also be easy to set up in drivers etc.
Thank you @Psycho_McCrazy , Yes, there will be absolutely zero video gaming and zero movies watching etc. on these monitors, therefor the high end GPU do not make any sense at all in my particular case.

All I need from these GPU is that they should be able to support 4 monitors at a time, each having 4K UHD 3840 by 2160 pixels resolution. And I can watch stock market charts on all of them, at same time, without any issues. That's it.

Last edited:
All I need from these GPU is that they should be able to support 4 monitors at a time, each having 4K UHD 3840 by 2160 pixels resolution. And I can watch stock market charts on all of them, at same time, without any issues. That's it.
That's exactly what these are supposed to do - no additional frills.
Even the one generation older P600 would work perfectly.
The key is to find these at the right price. The online prices are very variable.
You may scout out any local hardware market that handles older workstations and such... May help get these or something similar and fully compatible with your task for decent price.

The key is to find these at the right price. The online prices are very variable.
You may scout out any local hardware market that handles older workstations and such... May help get these or something similar and fully compatible with your task for decent price.

Yes, you are right, the prices are very different on different online places. Not really sure how to get these components at decent price.

The best option might be that if some forum member here has built a good configuration over the past year and he wants to sell his rig for some reason, then that will suit me the best. I will not have to search for individual parts separately and I can make a few compromises, here and there in my above requirements, and just buy his complete PC in one go, other then the Cabinet and fans etc. because I do not really like the fancy lightnings etc. of any types. I have to keep my PC running whole night, therefor I want it to be totally dark and no lights coming out of it, otherwise that creates disturbance in the room and its hard to sleep.

For giving an example of second hand builds from forum users, this configuration shared by @Shripad https://techenclave.com/threads/ryzen-9-7900x-asus-tuf-gaming-x670e-plus-wifi.216080/ would have suited my above requirement, but he said that he is not willing to sell his system at the moment, because he is too busy with some work and don't have the time to build his dream machine which would have custom watercooled setup etc.

I also tried to inquire from @apurva512 who was trying to build a pretty powerful machine with AMD Epyc Epyc 7V13 CPU, as mentioned here in this thread - https://techenclave.com/threads/workstation-build.217237/ , but he is no longer active on the forum and have not replied to my message yet. I will try to make a powerful machine like that in a few months from now, but instead of just having a single server, I will make multiple servers and will pool their resources together to form a super powerful windows virtual machine by making use of tools like Proxmox etc.

Once again, thanks a lot for your inputs. Much appreciated.

Last edited:
Willing to spend whatever is required to get good performing PC with the required specifications.
Mention a budget numerically, it can be also a hard limit. This will help other answer your queries better or someone looking to sell off their PC can contact you.
Also mention the data crunching software that you use, does it not use any gpu resource for computation? For some trader setup I would've suggested a t600 4gb variant, as for data analysis at least 2gb per 4k monitor.

I would suggest you sit down and start thinking for that epyc server now rather than 6 months later, if money ain't the problem. I would never entertain intermediate builds for serious work.
Also epyc servers would require you fill all the slots with ram, have a plan beforehand with memory.
Epyc platforms main goal is to cut down on space required for similar/more computational power. That would also mean to cut down on clustering.
Have an idea of number of cores that you would actually require. Current platform available in India can provide 256c/512 threads per node (or server for one) in dual socket. As for data crunching (what sas requires) at least 4gb per core would be recommended.

Apart from more resolution and more screen real estate, 8x 4k monitors is too much for one person. Is this build for multiple people working together or just you?
If you want to leverage the 4k resolution, aim for 100-120ppi, the best being 42-43inch monitors, so imagine having 8 of those on wall. I have seen 6 monitors being used by some veterans but one thing all of them have in common is cervical bulging.

Lastly, for work setup main points are, reliability, as little maintenance as possible, robust hardware, redundancy and support (both hardware and software)

doing data analysis at a very fast pace.
These days for any computation, human are the limitation rather than hardware, when money plays no part.

Epyc based system would be much better if required more cores and threads for data crunching. No doubt it will cost quite a lot than normal AM5 setup but will also be lot difficult to find used.

First of all, thank you so much for taking out the time to make these valuable suggestions.

Mention a budget numerically, it can be also a hard limit. This will help other answer your queries better or someone looking to sell off their PC can contact you.
I think for this particular temporary setup, if we Exclude the monitors, then I am willing to spend anywhere between 1 to 2 lacs, depending on the actual configuration.

Also mention the data crunching software that you use, does it not use any gpu resource for computation?
Sure, some of the software that I will use on this windows virtual machine are -

https://www.alteryx.com/ - This app allows you to capture data from multiple sources and then process and modify them to suit your analysis requirements. This app makes use of all the hardware resources that you can throw at it. It will work much faster if you can give it more CPU cores, RAM and SSD speed to work with. Depending on the configuration, it can complete the same tasks into minutes, which would otherwise take it a few hours to complete on a slower machine. But unfortunately, this software does not make use of GPU resources currently, so I will not be able to use GPU for my data analysis work.

Same way, I will be using various SQL database like -

www.postgresql.org/

And

which are all able to make use of powerful hardware to complete the database queries at much faster pace.

I will also be running a few algorithmic programs coded in Python for doing backtest etc. on the stock market historical data and various other tasks etc.

Regarding the data files format, since the CSV file format is not efficient for working with larger size data, therefor I will make use of Parquet file format , as explained here -

This file format is widely used for doing various types of Big Data Analytics Work across different organizations globally.

I would also need to do a lot of data compression and decompression work regularly in order to save the disc storage space and also for transferring the data over the internet. I need a powerful machine which could compress and decompress a lot of data quickly.

I prefer to use Zstandard / zstd compression algorithm for its good performance, which is explained here -

I would suggest you sit down and start thinking for that epyc server now rather than 6 months later, if money ain't the problem. I would never entertain intermediate builds for serious work.
Honestly, I have similar thoughts in this regards, but after spending some time on trying to finalize the different pieces for such a server, I realized that currently its beyond my ability to devote this much amount of energy/time/resources etc. which are required for completing such a project.

And if I do it in a hurry, then there is very high probability, that I might end up making some huge mistakes, which would cost me dearly in the long run. My friends have suggested me not to rush and take proper time before committing the money, as it will easily cost upwards of 10 lacs to build that server. So I am postponing that work for the time being.

Also epyc servers would require you fill all the slots with ram, have a plan beforehand with memory.
Thanks for point this out, I need to have proper time for paying attention to all such subtle nuances which goes into making such servers. There would be many more such things about which I am totally unaware currently and hence the hesitation of jumping the gun.

Epyc platforms main goal is to cut down on space required for similar/more computational power. That would also mean to cut down on clustering.
For me cutting down on space is not a requirement at all. I am fine even if a complete 24 U rack needs to be filled up with such servers, provided they offer me the best bang for the buck which is being spent for getting this high computational power.

Have an idea of number of cores that you would actually require. Current platform available in India can provide 256c/512 threads per node (or server for one) in dual socket. As for data crunching (what sas requires) at least 4gb per core would be recommended.
Actually my requirement is such, in which I do not want to LIMIT myself to a particular core count of 128 or 256 CPU cores etc. instead I want to design the whole infrastructure in such a manner that it will offer me immense flexibility in terms of -
ADDING more and more servers in the future.
UPGRADING the older servers to the higher configuration ones.

So that I can keep on adding more and more hardware resources to this server in the future, as and when I can afford to add them. Suppose in the beginning, I just have 2 servers with me, each of which have got 2 CPU having 32 cores inside them.
This gives me 32 x 2 = 64 cores per server
and a total of 128 cores for both my servers at the very first stage.

After four months, I am able to buy one more server of exact same specs, which I will add to this cluster and therefor I will have the ability to increase my windows VM configuration to 128+64=192 cores.

Same concept of up-gradation will be appliedd for increasing other resources like RAM and SSD space etc. as well.
Basically, as I can afford more, I will keep on adding more and more resources to my server cluster and keep on making it more powerful, with time.

Another point to note is that I DO NOT need such powerful VM all the time. Therefor it is very necessary for me to have the ability to change the configuration of the VM according to my changing needs.

During the normal process, even a simple desktop computer like Ryzen 7 or Ryzen 9 is more then sufficient for this VM. But as soon as I have to do the Heavy Data Crunching work, then I need to boost the hardware configuration of this VM to the Maximum Available Hardware Resources possible in my hands. After this work is completed, I can again lower down the VM configuration back to the smaller size.

I am hoping that what I have described above is quite possible by using Proxmox type of software for changing the configurations of the VM accordingly. I hope to save money in terms on energy bills etc. by using this method. Why keep on running the extra servers all the time, when they are needed only for some specific duration. Why not physically turn off the servers and basically make them offline, when that hardware is not needed.

Some guys would suggest that making use of VPS or Virtual Machines might be a good idea for dealing with such variable needs of computation power. But trust me, no matter how cheap the VPS vendors try to show their offerings, when you need some serious hardware power for doing real heavy data analysis etc. then those VPS offerings are not cheap. And if you can afford, its better to have your own hardware at your disposal. This gives me the ability to play around with massive amounts of data and do various type of testings and experiments without worrying about incurring too much bill on the VPS.

Apart from more resolution and more screen real estate, 8x 4k monitors is too much for one person. Is this build for multiple people working together or just you?
Yes, it might seem like to be too much of real estate for a single person. But as I explained above for the CPU and other hardware resources, my requirement for the screen size is also dynamic and it changes with time, depending on the type of work that I am doing at that moment.

For normal routine activity, just 2 monitors of 4K UHD resolution are more then sufficient for me. In fact most of my time will be spent in doing work on these 2 monitors only.

But, there are other moments, when I actually have to step back and need to have a larger "bird's-eye view" of the overall market, in such a manner that I can glance at the type of activity that is going on into different sectors and segments at that moment, without the need to keep on manually flipping the charts, at that time, I need to have as much screen space as needed.

Also while studying the historical market action, I need to have many many charts opened up on different screens, which shows the different time frame information for those particular stocks and sectors at one glance.

It is for this reason that I have decided to spend the money once and buy these 8 monitors rather then stay limited by lack of screen space. I will turn off the remaining monitors when not needed and will simply keep the 2 main monitors on at all time, although these 2 monitors are also part of the overall bigger monitor wall itself.

If you want to leverage the 4k resolution, aim for 100-120ppi, the best being 42-43inch monitors, so imagine having 8 of those on wall. I have seen 6 monitors being used by some veterans but one thing all of them have in common is cervical bulging.
I will not be sitting on my chair, when I have to watch these 8 screens as a whole. I have to stand back 4-5 feet from the desk while having this larger view.

Lastly, for work setup main points are, reliability, as little maintenance as possible, robust hardware, redundancy and support (both hardware and software)
Spot on. Can't agree more. All these are very important points indeed.

These days for any computation, human are the limitation rather than hardware, when money plays no part.
Fully agree with this as well. Although money is a very important factor for me and therefor I need to plan and prepare beforehand so that I get the best performance out of every rupee that I spent and minimize the money wastage at all cost.

Once again, thanks a lot for your reply.

If anyone notice any serious errors or mistakes in the game plan described above, then PLEASE point that out, without any hesitation. I will be very grateful if you make me aware at this stage itself. Because it's not wise to first burn the money and then realize - Oh! it doesn't work in the way, I anticipated!

Looking forward to more suggestions from the knowledgeable members of our forum. I specially request to those members who have some experience with creating their own homelabs or servers etc. to please point out my mistakes in trying to make this server cluster mentioned above, in which I plan to keep on adding more and more individual servers, as my budget allows in the future. @Party Monger @rsaeon @rudiv , @aasimenator , @transform878 , @subheader2226 , @Mann , @vaibhavyagnik , @avinandan012

Any inputs would be deeply appreciated. Please point out my mistakes and errors in the above game plan. Thanks a lot.

@alpha5555 where are you located and what is your timeframe for this purchase? I'm in Pune and might want to let go of my Zen2 threadripper build (done by the good people at GTek.in) which I'm contemplating - have the itch to upgrade my desktop too - trying to curb my enthusiasm though.

usually, these cutting-edge stuff do not stay for long in the second-hand/refurb market, It depends on luck and timing, so I am not sure if I can help procure any latest-gen enterprise parts, but will still try to ask if someone has Epyc servers
As of now the only thing I can help with is arranging for the Quadro P620 or similar GPUs or HDD's.
I have a bunch of 1U Huawei servers that can be paired with 2 x Xeon Gold CPUs, also have some in Dell as well I think.

Epyc based system would be much better if required more cores and threads for data crunching. No doubt it will cost quite a lot than normal AM5 setup but will also be lot difficult to find used.
Thanks rocky. Yes it might be difficult to find this in second hand market here, but since building this EPYC based cluster of servers is a long term plan, therefor I will not hesitate to hunt for the best deals from China or elsewhere and then get them imported here.

@aasimenator any help in finding such high end stuff from enterprise category?
Thanks for inviting aasimenator for his feedback. I am sure I would end up buying a few components from him for this build, down the line.

If looking for storage drives theres thread going on where enterprise drives of 8-10tb are being sold used costing around 1k per 1tb with some warranty.
Yes rocky, I will keep an eye on that thread. Once I get clarity regarding which particular type of hard drives will be most suitable for this type of cluster of servers, I will ask him to arrange those type of drives from somewhere.

@alpha5555 where are you located and what is your timeframe for this purchase? I'm in Pune and might want to let go of my Zen2 threadripper build (done by the good people at GTek.in) which I'm contemplating - have the itch to upgrade my desktop too - trying to curb my enthusiasm though.
I can very well relate with the itch to upgrade and the counter force being experienced to curb that enthusiam, because I have been going through similar emotional states myself over the past few days. If you actually plan to get rid of some high end config, then please do share with me for sure. In case anything suits my above requirements, I will not miss the opportunity to buy. If your whole config is for sale, then I might buy the complete config as well. Shipping from Pune, is not going to be an issue. I am from Haryana. Do message me whenever you take a final decision for the same.

I have been getting a few offers from members here, but non of that is for the Ryzen 9, which is my top preference for this temporary build mentioned in the OP. I am in the waiting mode to get a good deal for this.

usually, these cutting-edge stuff do not stay for long in the second-hand/refurb market, It depends on luck and timing, so I am not sure if I can help procure any latest-gen enterprise parts, but will still try to ask if someone has Epyc servers
As of now the only thing I can help with is arranging for the Quadro P620 or similar GPUs or HDD's.
I have a bunch of 1U Huawei servers that can be paired with 2 x Xeon Gold CPUs, also have some in Dell as well I think.
Thank you so much for offering these. I will surely reach out to you, once the actual server requirements gets finalized. I do not want to end up buying those parts which will not be suitable for my config for getting good overall performance at reasonable price.

I thank you all for sharing your thoughts on this. Very helpful for me.

Please note that my individual replies are automatically getting merged to form a single big reply.

A member here has sent me his offer for the following config -

Although it is not the preferred Ryzen 9 config, but I just wanted to confirm if this is good offer for a PC which is around 11 months old and is in good working condition and the seller promises to provide the invoice and boxes. Although he has not shared the invoices and have simply given these details -
Config.png

I have calculated the discounts based on his asking price, as follows -

Discounts.png

Is it a good deal overall? Anything worth buying in this? or should I wait for better offer for the AMD ?

Thanks and regards

Last edited:
Is it a good deal overall? Anything worth buying in this? or should I wait for better offer for the AMD ?
TBH, way too expensive. You can build a NEW AM5 system of equivalent performance for less than the asking cost, esp. if you ditch the GPU.

AM5 Mobo B650 Tomahawk: 23.5k MD computers
7900 (non-x, just PBO it): 35.5k MD Computers
32 GiB Corsair 6000 DDR5 CL36: 10.5k MD Computers
NHD15 chromax black 8.5k Primeabgb
Good 1000W PSU Antec HCG 1000 Extreme: 12k

Total is 90k+ 15k for a Quadro T600 GPU is less than that used system asking price
Full warranty system

just asked a guy for Epyc cpu and guess it is quite pricey for used one for 64cores for 160k in cash used.
I guess do check for some threadrippers but it's really hard to find i guess......there may be old intel based server systems available for cheap if you want to start and move from there.
I guess new will be the way for threadripper cpu or if someone else can get hands on from a good used supplier.

TBH, way too expensive. You can build a NEW AM5 system of equivalent performance for less than the asking cost, esp. if you ditch the GPU.

AM5 Mobo B650 Tomahawk: 23.5k MD computers
7900 (non-x, just PBO it): 35.5k MD Computers
32 GiB Corsair 6000 DDR5 CL36: 10.5k MD Computers
NHD15 chromax black 8.5k Primeabgb
Good 1000W PSU Antec HCG 1000 Extreme: 12k

Total is 90k+ 15k for a Quadro T600 GPU is less than that used system asking price
Full warranty system
Thank you so much for your prompt reply and sharing the actual config prices as well. I will let him know, that I am passing this offer.
just asked a guy for Epyc cpu and guess it is quite pricey for used one for 64cores for 160k in cash used.
I guess do check for some threadrippers but it's really hard to find i guess......there may be old intel based server systems available for cheap if you want to start and move from there.
I guess new will be the way for threadripper cpu or if someone else can get hands on from a good used supplier.
Second hand EPYC CPU are priced like crazy in the Indian markets. But you can buy them on ebay from confirmed and reliable Chinese vendors at very economical prices.

If I am forced to buy the config parts from China in the end, then I will try to arrange to ship all the server components together and get them into a container in which other parts are being imported. I know someone who imports furniture from China and I will have to talk to him regarding the details of how my stuff could be shipped into his container itself. But I will do all this, at the very last stage only, when it becomes clear to me that I will save approx Rs x lac if I get them from China. I will not go on this route to buy some small individual parts which costs less then a lac.

Second hand EPYC CPU are priced like crazy in the Indian markets. But you can buy them on ebay from confirmed and reliable Chinese vendors at very economical prices.

If I am forced to buy the config parts from China in the end, then I will try to arrange to ship all the server components together and get them into a container in which other parts are being imported. I know someone who imports furniture from China and I will have to talk to him regarding the details of how my stuff could be shipped into his container itself. But I will do all this, at the very last stage only, when it becomes clear to me that I will save approx Rs x lac if I get them from China. I will not go on this route to buy some small individual parts which costs less then a lac.
Yes and threadripper is also very hard to find. China or even US market is good to get these cheap.

Yes and threadripper is also very hard to find. China or even US market is good to get these cheap.
I am not sure how cheap you would get them in US, but in China EPYC CPU are available at very low prices. I would try to avoid threadripper as the second hand market for EPYC is far greater then threadripper, which increases the chances for me to get good deals on EPYC.

Since I will be adding more and more servers over the years, therefor going with the EPYC category makes more sense for my personal case.

I appreciate your inputs. Thank you so much rocky.

I will not be sitting on my chair, when I have to watch these 8 screens as a whole. I have to stand back 4-5 feet from the desk while having this larger view.
Just an idea, nothing wrong with your plan, but from 4-5 feet away, you may not be able to appreciate the details of the 4*3840 x 2*2160 resolution. And bezels, however small will come in the way.

There are business projectors, which are kinda cheap because they don't have real HDR and their real response time isn't great so they don't work well with home movie theatres. But for your use case, they will work. Viewsonic has one PX701, which should cost you under 1lakh, though you'll have to import it. There may be more options in China.

So when you step back, just let the screen fall and switch on the projector. And for details, just 2 or 4 monitors if 4k resolution will then suffice.

Back