Graphic Cards Powercolor HD 4850 Crossfire: Quick Benchmarks

Lord Nemesis said:
It doesn't matter if it favors the Phenom when its being pitted againist a E8400 that can do 4 GHz on air. Thats the main reason why I didn't bother getting a Phenom 9850 + 790FX Motherboard though the combo will cost only a bit more than a high end X48 based motherboard alone.

No disrespect lord but over here clock speed dont matter FPS is the key word and according to real world benchmarks ive seen phenom regularly outclasses intel quad core let alone dual core proccys in many a in game benchmark due to its higher memory bandwidth comapred to intel QUadcore proccys .Again not the clock speed but the FPS is the key word :):)

Lord Nemesis said:
Thats true, I would rather buy a quad than dual myself, but here I am talking about Phenom vs Core 2, In fact I had seriously considered going for Phenom 9850 + 790FX motherboard and went though many CPU benchies and game reviews.

My conclusion was that for anyone who runs his CPU at stock, the Phenom's are a pretty good value for money option, But if the user intends to even over clock by 25% then the Phenom's will not be able to match that performance.

Thats right, this guy who's post I mentioned above, is using a 9450 now and he is within 1/2fps of the score he had on a 8400 @ 4.3ghz with his 9450 on stock :O , I mean thats ridiculous. It seems crysis maxes out at some point for older cards on quads, When I get my pair I'm sure that point will be pretty high.

And the problem for phenome's is that they have good performance against c2q but only with 65nm, 45nm is much faster for it. I hope amd scores another feat with some good procy's, although intel doesn't price their lineup ridiculously even while pitted against lower performance parts as Nvidia does!

vijaysurendran said:
No disrespect lord but over here clock speed dont matter FPS is the key word and according to real world benchmarks ive seen phenom regularly outclasses intel quad core let alone dual core proccys in many a in game benchmark due to its higher memory bandwidth comapred to intel QUadcore proccys .Again not the clock speed but the FPS is the key word :):)

Yes, FPS is the keyword for me too since my rig is mostly used for gaming. But can you link me to a gaming performance review where a Phenom consistently outclassed an overclocked Core 2 Duo/Quad. As I said, I seriously considered getting a Phenom 9850 Black Edition and a premium 790FX mobo, but dropped the idea after I had gone through several reviews.

AMD Phenom X4 9850 Black Edition review - TechSpot

Sharky Extreme - AMD Phenom X4 9850 Black Edition Review

AMD Phenom X4 9850 Black Edition Review

AMD Phenom X4 9850 Black Edition review

AMD Phenom X4 9850 Black Edition - TrustedReviews

but you were comparing a phenom to c2d which is just bullocks . Most games utilize only two cores effectively(as they are not optimized for threading) .even if you comapare phenom to a quad core intel with similar clock frequencies amd gives a good fight .yes phenom is a poor overclocker which boils down to its 65 nm architecture .

Print Article: AMD Phenom X4 9850 Black Edition Review - www.firingsquad.com

read this article in applications not optmized for threading the core2duo even outclasses intels own quad cores.

vijaysurendran said:
but you were comparing a phenom to c2d which is just bullocks . Most games utilize only two cores effectively(as they are not optimized for threading) .even if you comapare phenom to a quad core intel with similar clock frequencies amd gives a good fight .yes phenom is a poor overclocker which boils down to its 65 nm architecture .

Print Article: AMD Phenom X4 9850 Black Edition Review - www.firingsquad.com

read this article in applications not optmized for threading the core2duo even outclasses intels own quad cores.

It boils down to what YOU want to do, but 4 > 2, and whats now doesn't mean it will be so forever, crysis does take use of more cores, and it is the most stressful game out there. Many software come with 4 core optimizations. And many upcoming games I'm sure will be optimized for 4 threads. So if ur buying a procy and can afford a quad, its much better to go for a quad!

nice setup,get some crysis benchies too.also try out the 8.7 leaked betas heard they are quite good.
_pappu_ said:
so now that rubies are teh new l33t inthing, can kmd repaint my green card and make it red?? :)
your card isn't green,its black and blue:bleh:

nice benchies gannu :hap2: :clap: :clap: and very professional too :) BTW you forgot to mention the resolution in crysis benchies .

wishing you hours and hours of high res gaming :eek:hyeah:

gannu said:
1680x1050; Included; Thanx for the point; :D

wow good performance on crysis... 1680x1050+4XAA+all High(though u didn't mention image quality settings) and whooping 30FPS on average.. good man realy awesome....:hap2:

good performance but for a whole lot of users still wish to use only a single 4850 n for that it will be much helpfull if u post all the benchies seperately by single card and CF.. also better in the sense of scaling with CF as we all heard much of it that ATI 4XXX series scales batter in CF than its previous gpu's... good luck... now waiting for 4870 n 4870CF n 4870X2... hope will be soon in TE

^^No issues the whole thing'll be redone with single card benchies as well; :D

Expect it by night or tomo morn; :D

gamepagol said:
wow good performance on crysis... 1680x1050+4XAA+all High(though u didn't mention image quality settings) and whooping 30FPS on average.. good man realy awesome....:hap2:

good performance but for a whole lot of users still wish to use only a single 4850 n for that it will be much helpfull if u post all the benchies seperately by single card and CF.. also better in the sense of scaling with CF as we all heard much of it that ATI 4XXX series scales batter in CF than its previous gpu's... good luck... now waiting for 4870 n 4870CF n 4870X2... hope will be soon in TE

Yea could mention what settings are there for crysis, i.e. all high, or custom
+ could you also mention the minimum fps as well. I hope thats not asking for a lot.

nice graphs btw!

friggin awesome dude.. i would pay for ur taxi fares if u coming to mumbai.. dont forget to drop in :p ...
those CF bridges look neat :O

Back