Storage Solutions Possible Hot Deal - LG GGWH20L

Vandal said:
Then the quality would become shit. I remember buying my LG 32x CD/RW for 5.7K in 2001. Still going strong; burnt 3356 CDs. Nowadays CDRW's rarely last that long.

My 1st DVD writer was bought for 12k. Didn't last that long compared to the cheaper ones I bought later. Prices have more to to do with supply/demand and streamlining manufacturing processes than we give credit for.

Regarding this deal, great price. But I'd be in only if media becomes more widely available at really cheap rates. Look at HDDs, per cost mb is in paises (not sure if that is factually correct, though :p ).

Naga said:
My 1st DVD writer was bought for 12k. Didn't last that long compared to the cheaper ones I bought later. Prices have more to to do with supply/demand and streamlining manufacturing processes than we give credit for.

Regarding this deal, great price. But I'd be in only if media becomes more widely available at really cheap rates. Look at HDDs, per cost mb is in paises (not sure if that is factually correct, though :p ).

it is correct actually, around 65ps per mb for a 1tb hdd these days

pcgamer said:
wow... 5.9K :clap:

I read on TT that Moserbaer has got the rights to make BR discs. Wait till they shake up the market

are you serious? did u see the price yourself or heard it from someone else.

stormblast said:
are you serious? did u see the price yourself or heard it from someone else.

I replied to espeez post on the price

Yes, Moserbaer are gonna mas produce BR discs, link --> chk techtree

espeez said:
saw the LG Bluray burner fer 5.9k @Croma, Eva Mall Bangalore. They didnt have any BR media tho.

You sure it wasn't the reader? Doubt 'tis that price. Pune and Mumbai Cromas are 8.9k, as is the price at Lamington.
GCC-H20L is the Reader, GGW H20L is the writer.

^^

My friend from blore bought one for 6k... the same burner from croma...

but he said the media price is 745 for 25 GB....

and here i saw prices of 200???

^^ hehe i can confirm jerin's story .. that lucky bastard got it for 5900/- and got a blank sony bd free .. so effective price is 5750 and he is getting the media at 150 a piece from japan .. damn !!

Back