PORTAL 2 - Discussion Thread

Re: The Official "Portal 2 " Thread

Because it's an awesome Valve game, I'm looking to buy the game. :p (unlike for other games :ashamed:).

But I'm already in a crunch for money. :(

I think I'll buy it after a few months. My exams would be coming up anyways and I have other games to finish as well. Till then will have to resist not playing it. :(

The one odd thing I noticed about the game is its low system requirements. The GPU recommendation is 128MB with pixel shader 2.0. Can anyone confirm this ?

I'm not preordering but I'm buying it possibly the first week of release.

I'm looking for a co-op companion, by the way. Anybody in?

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

ubergeek said:
What why isnt anyone plannning to buy the game :( who will i play co op mode with :( come on guys its VALVE game
I'm certainly buying. And I'll certainly play co-op with you. :p Let's keep in contact. However I suppose I need a week or two to finish the single player campaign first.

pauldmps said:
The one odd thing I noticed about the game is its low system requirements. The GPU recommendation is 128MB with pixel shader 2.0. Can anyone confirm this ?
I don't know, but since there doesn't seem to be much graphical difference between the PC and Xbox 360 and PS3 versions, it should be quite less. Any mid range gaming system should be able to let you run it.

pre ordered :D

@OP: thanks for the headsup, I never knew that the game was up for preorder. :D

Thanks for the info dude.. I'll also be getting this. Is this the best pre-order price available yet?

nice now that everyone is intrested lets all have an awesome time playing co op for those who are on the fence here is a video

[video] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MfvJQiZ8eS4 [/video]

@kvikram Sure dude my steam id is magnablast add me an we'll play when the game gets released :D

as for the low graphics requirement it is based on the source engine which is quite old but dont worry the graphics wil be on par with most current gen games

ubergeek said:
nice now that everyone is intrested lets all have an awesome time playing co op for those who are on the fence here is a video

[video] YouTube - Portal 2: Co-op Gameplay Commentary [/video]

@kvikram Sure dude my steam id is magnablast add me an we'll play when the game gets released :D

as for the low graphics requirement it is based on the source engine which is quite old but dont worry the graphics wil be on par with most current gen games

I searched for magnablast but no results came up. I think you should give me your actual account name that you use to sign in to Steam, not your in-game id.

My in-game id is Strider7 and my account name is kvikram19. See if you can add me.

I'm pretty sure then FlipKart will lower the price too.. and FlipKart's price is usually lower than nextworld.

Gee. 649! Is that a pre-order discount or will it be available after release?

And to Imagine the game costs $50 in the US. That's about 2200 Rs. We Indians are really lucky as far as video games are concerned. Wish tech gadgets were as cheap!

Flipkart has lowered the price to 622:

Portal 2: PC: Flipkart Games

Back