CPU/Mobo Poor Asus Service in Kolkata by Rashi Peripherals

de.das.dude

Disciple
I own a Asus M4A785D-M Pro motherboard, which due to its poor NB heatsink, it overheated and the chipset burned itself. But fortunately Asus offers warranty due to burnt stuff(guess they expect their stuff to burn).
So i went looking for their service center. and one came up: Rashi Peripherals came up.
its located on R.N Mukherjee road opposite lalbazar. i submitted my motherboard on monday 18/4/11, reception was nill. and all i saw was a huge queue and a lot of people complaining that their products were being returned(after weeks) without any repair. Also, many were complaining that fixed products lasted only a day or two before breaking down.

So i went today to collect it. their centre closes at 5pm. and i reached there at 5.05pm, early considering i went direct from my college (50km away) after attending my sem exams. i pleaded them to return my motherboard and they rudely told me that they dont believe that i gave and exam and came.
now i am stuck at a cyber cafe without access to my ebooks to study for my sems.

going gigabyte after this.

can someone gimme an email to asus support where i can complain against them ^^$%^@% Rashi Peripherial.

Re: A info about Asus service in Kolkata

I see nothing's changed at Rashi Calcutta even after escalation of service issues to the bigwigs at Asus. This is depressing news indeed. I believe this feedback is specific to Rashi Calcutta, but it mirrors the experience I personally had two years ago when trying to pick up a motherboard after RMA.

BTW complaining will not change anything. Asus will not switch their distributor or service arrangement. You might as well go bang your head against a brick wall.

On the bright side, I do know how to get in touch with someone directly at Asus. PM me.

@OP:

You asked back for your MB, irrespective if it was repaired or not and they still refused..? Cause you were 5 minutes late..?

And how can company representatives be so personal to say "we do not believe in you". Gosh. Try what Cranky gives you, hope something comes of it. Really sad. Keep this thread updated though.

you can contact Rashi directors directly from thier website (mr.Raj Pansari) or can mail them.Also Asus has office in India@ mumbai.

The toll free number 18002090365 covers all India.

Contact Details of Asustek Computer Inc in India

Address 101-108 Bonanza, A Wing, 1st Floor, Sahar Plaza Complex, M. V. Road, Andheri (East).
City Mumbai
Pincode 400059
State MAHARASHTRA
Country India
Phone No 40058888
Fax No. 91-22-40058916

as posted on prev:reply Asus India wll not make any steps (as per my knowledge)to kick Rashi, as Rashi is thier main Business partner outside USA as per turnover/volume is concerned.There were many issues from Rashi on Asus products ,mainly repeated problems on RMA'ed products !!!.

You can contact them via your dealer as they will not entertain direct customer walk-ins rather than a dealer/sub distributor.Also if you are still not satisfied can file a case in consumer court too.YOU HAVE ALL THE RIGHT TO.

all these are my observations on the same watching these things for the past 10+ years !!

got my mobo back. but another guy who got a returned mobo has faulty mem slots. poor chap lives far away and has to come again.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

And yes, rashi is also the asian importer thats why they are doing what they can. poor asus, if only they knew they were loosing so many users just because of Rashi. as for me, i am going gigabyte as well.

i had calle dthem for asus mobo issue.

they asked me to come with mobo.

i went running their , again same issue due to mumbai traffic and their secluded office .i got late, i called them duely.

they said ok no problem.

i reached by 5.10 pm.

buggers refused to accept it and asked me to come back.

now imagine that i traveled almost 90 min to reach their grant road from mulund.

;luckily my motherboard worked i dont know how.but as soon as i can, i will switch over to gigabyte.

i dont know how is their service?

who handles their support?

i am just waiting for amd to release am3+ mobo ...

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

the rude person who was their at rashi,grant road is mr. sharma.

^^Your case is odd because you called ahead to inform them. Also, Rashi Mumbai is not known to be the cesspit that Rashi Calcutta is and generally people there are fairly helpful. As a matter of fact I have reliable information that Calcutta is the only Rashi center to still misbehave and mislead customers, and also botch up basic repair work.

Vote with your wallet. Asus went from 80 to 50% market share in the last three years. It's not that they don't know the issue - it's that they can't do too much about it. Their products are still very good, it's Rashi that's the problem. So far the reputation they've built is keeping them afloat, but you can feed off heritage for only so long.

Gigabyte service is handled directly by the company, IINM. MSI is/was with Tirupati. My information may be out of date. Also Gigabyte currently does not have good high-end offerings for Sandy Bridge. MSI does, but there are problems with GPU compatibility. Right now you're stuck with Asus till Gigabyte releases Z68 boards.

For all other chipsets/boards Gigabyte is surely the way to go.

am3+ has been announced by Gigabyte and MSI even though it uses the old 7xx and 8xx series chipsets.
the socket color is black.

This is just the reason i spent 1000 extra bucks and went for an MSI motherboard and not an Asus one. The service center is absolute shit here. Though i hope you get your Motherboard soon, i can't recommend anyone from Kolkata to get Asus related anything.

pratikb said:
;luckily my motherboard worked i dont know how.but as soon as i can, i will switch over to gigabyte.

i dont know how is their service?

who handles their support?

Gigabyte has its own service centers in India. AFAIK, they try to repair the boards and only give replacement if they cannot repair. They took about 7 weeks to replace my Gigabyte X48-DQ6. So they are no better than distributors of other brands in terms of time lines, but at least the board I got was in working order. Just to add, I went through my dealer Amarbir who followed up with them regularly to get the work done. Not sure how they operate when the customer approaches them directly.

In general, I have rarely seen good customer service from any company in India. Customer service is shit poor because of our non-functional legal system. Companies like Rashi know very well that even if a customer resorts to legal means, nothing would come out of it except the customer loosing money. If it were like in US with people suing these companies left and right and getting justice done, these companies wouldn't dare treat their customers like this.

cranky said:
^^Your case is odd because you called ahead to inform them. Also, Rashi Mumbai is not known to be the cesspit that Rashi Calcutta is and generally people there are fairly helpful. As a matter of fact I have reliable information that Calcutta is the only Rashi center to still misbehave and mislead customers, and also botch up basic repair work.

Vote with your wallet. Asus went from 80 to 50% market share in the last three years. It's not that they don't know the issue - it's that they can't do too much about it. Their products are still very good, it's Rashi that's the problem. So far the reputation they've built is keeping them afloat, but you can feed off heritage for only so long.

Gigabyte service is handled directly by the company, IINM. MSI is/was with Tirupati. My information may be out of date. Also Gigabyte currently does not have good high-end offerings for Sandy Bridge. MSI does, but there are problems with GPU compatibility. Right now you're stuck with Asus till Gigabyte releases Z68 boards.

For all other chipsets/boards Gigabyte is surely the way to go.
thats what i am doing,

i did not purchase that asus rt n16 .

i wont ever buy anything with asus.

you are absolutely right.

economical punishment is the best.

let official 9 series motherboards come out.

i will make switch.

i was stuck with my older purchase of 2 gb ddr2 ram that forced me to get current one also as ddr2 and that time nothing in ddr2 gigabyte was their in rahul's shop.

thats how i landed in asus crap.

recently there was a ASUS survey regarding their customer service ..saw it on adsense on TE . After a -ve FB they called me several times and tried contacting through email ... if you want the id's i can send you

Tried this once. Directors simply forward message to their local admins.

Once i was told by Rashi to pickup a replaced mobo from the octroi although the original delivery was made in the city.

I called up Asus rep who forced rashi to make a city delivery. Guy at Rashi told me that they paid rs.200 octroi charges. i told him why he did so since i had a receipt with octroi paid. He said the paperwork involved is too laborious and not worth it.

amd999 said:
you can contact Rashi directors directly from thier website (mr.Raj Pansari) or can mail them.Also Asus has office in India@ mumbai.

The toll free number 18002090365 covers all India.
Contact Details of Asustek Computer Inc in India
Address 101-108 Bonanza, A Wing, 1st Floor, Sahar Plaza Complex, M. V. Road, Andheri (East).
City Mumbai
Pincode 400059
State MAHARASHTRA
Country India
Phone No 40058888
Fax No. 91-22-40058916

as posted on prev:reply Asus India wll not make any steps (as per my knowledge)to kick Rashi, as Rashi is thier main Business partner outside USA as per turnover/volume is concerned.There were many issues from Rashi on Asus products ,mainly repeated problems on RMA'ed products !!!.

You can contact them via your dealer as they will not entertain direct customer walk-ins rather than a dealer/sub distributor.Also if you are still not satisfied can file a case in consumer court too.YOU HAVE ALL THE RIGHT TO.

all these are my observations on the same watching these things for the past 10+ years !!

As for Rashi Kolkata........

It is not the just Asus, they also screwed genuine customer of XFX card when it come to RMA and it is known fact.

Only those who bought Hi-end graphics card (30k above price range) can easily do their RMA via Rashi. They also do some Easy RMA of Hi-End logitech stuff.

So those (kolkata ppl) who aware of the fact never bought anything which support by Rashi-Kolkata.

de.das.dude said:
got my mobo back.

RMAed? Works? or did you ask for it back as is?

DarkAngel said:

cranky said:
Were you?

10 char

de.das.dude- You were?

hA1d3R said:
recently there was a ASUS survey regarding their customer service ..saw it on adsense on TE . After a -ve FB they called me several times and tried contacting through email ... if you want the id's i can send you

ASUS Component Service Survey > http://www.asusservice.com/

Back