plz suggest me a digi cam????

loverboy jai

Disciple
Hiiiiii please suggest me a good digicam which should hav 15x zoom and 8-10MP.. and my budget is around 14k... sony/nikon/canon.. for better quality and picturisation.. as m a nature lover..also getting pics from nice picnic spots, trekking etc so i need good and decent one...

thanks in advance,
jai

As a nature lover , u need to have a good level of optical zoom and hence pls dont go for anything lesser than a 10x to start of with , however 14k is a bit low of a budget.....here are a few choices ....

Canon SX110IS - 16.5k

Sony H10 - 15.8k

Panasonic TZ11 - 12k <--- vfm pick.

thetechmind said:
As a nature lover , u need to have a good level of optical zoom and hence pls dont go for anything lesser than a 10x to start of with , however 14k is a bit low of a budget.....here are a few choices ....

Canon SX110IS - 16.5k
Sony H10 - 15.8k
Panasonic TZ11 - 12k <--- vfm pick.

thanks yar
how abt H15 sony...?.. suggest me some in nikon if u know abt this....

loverboy jai said:
wats dslr.......?

Digital - SLR cameras for professional photography !

Lots of manual settings,features and accessories...

Digital single-lens reflex camera - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Hiiiiii please suggest me a good digicam which should hav 15x zoom and 8-10MP.. and my budget is around 14k

1.Not too many options with 15X optical zoom for less than 14K...

Only the Kodak Z1015 IS is available for under 14k !

2.Are you referring to the H50??? There isn't any H15 ! And the H50 retails for 18K...

Cameras with 15X Optical Zoom for under 20K :

Sony H50 ~ Around 17K

Nikon Coolpix P80 ~ 19K

So either you increase your budget OR compromise on the optical zoom...

loverboy jai said:
thanks yar

i have personally used the H50, its an excellent cam , but then I wouldnt buy it personally , spending so much on it i would rather get a basic dslr cam.....

hate to say this but in ur budget you are expecting a lil more here...

well u can get a canon SX10IS costs about 16.5k in grey market.
dslr are great if u can afford the lenses.for 14k u can get a used DSLR like canon 350d.

I believe the slightly older models of Panasonic, namely FZ8 and FZ18 should be closer to your budget. FZ8 is definitely within budget, as I got that for 12K without bill more than a year ago..! FZ18 might be closer to 15K or 16K I believe.. Both are excellent cameras.. no doubts.

under 15k... go for the Kodak Z1015... iver personally used it and its quite decent... else go for the Panasonic ......

An SX10IS for 16.5k would be a perfect deal if u want to get from Grey :)

Are you referring to the H50??? There isn't any H15 ! And the H50 retails for 18K...[/I]

Sony H50 ~ Around 17K

Nikon Coolpix P80 ~ 19K

So either you increase your budget OR compromise on the optical zoom...[/QUOTE]

sorry dude typed by mistake, ur rite its H50 not H15..

and thanks m gonna buy H50 its a good cam its 18k.. but its toooo heavy on my budget(14k)

loverboy jai said:
Are you referring to the H50??? There isn't any H15 ! And the H50 retails for 18K...[/I]

Sony H50 ~ Around 17K

Nikon Coolpix P80 ~ 19K

So either you increase your budget OR compromise on the optical zoom...

sorry dude typed by mistake, ur rite its H50 not H15..

and thanks m gonna buy H50 its a good cam its 18k.. but its toooo heavy on my budget(14k)

Well?

What do you intend to do?

loverboy jai said:
how abt nikon cams i heard tat nikon has better picturisation,picture quality as campared all other makes...?? is tat sooo...?

that applies to nikon DSLRs mostly but rarely in p&s camera, earlier not sure if the problem still exists but nikon camera when they take videos the audio and video dont sync.

adder said:
that applies to nikon DSLRs mostly but rarely in p&s camera, earlier not sure if the problem still exists but nikon camera when they take videos the audio and video dont sync.

as per ur msg should i go for nikon r any other like sony/canon/panasonic
actually i having sony h50 in my mind....just clarifying once again..

loverboy jai said:
as per ur msg should i go for nikon r any other like sony/canon/panasonic
actually i having sony h50 in my mind....just clarifying once again..

well sony h50 is a good camera but its battery dont last long i.e u get to click less images(300 images) compared to lets say the canon SX10IS(600 images),panasonic FZ28(460 images) and u will need to invest in their propietary memory stic card.otherwise the sony H50 takes great images.

things u will miss in H50 compared to canon SX10iS is the extra 5x optical zoom and a wider 28mm lens,in panasonic u get extra 3x optical zoom and again a wider 27mm lens.panasonic also takes HD videos which however is in quicktime format.
image quality wise the sony H50 is realy great and matches its competitors produces better image then sx10is with punchy colors,sx10is is however faster.
the panasonic fz28 takes better images then sx10is ,but compareble to H50 ,h50 still produces punchier colors thanks to carl zeiss lens,however fz28 has RAW so if u tinkre with photoshop u can get better images then h50.
the fz28 looses to low light performance compared to h50,also the h50 can take images in zero light without flash with its infra red night vision the images will look greenish like those u see in animal planet.

so all theses camera are great ,see which fits ur requirement more.

Back