Plz suggest a straightforward racing game

Hey folks.

Just felt like playing some racing game like old times. Something like NFS 3. No stupid wannabe storyline, no -earn-points-and-get-a-sticker-to-pimp-ur-car, no nitro shite, no pure realistic physics

Just a simple, get at the start line and blast off, use the brakes once in a while :eek:hyeah:

Any suggestions. My system can run GTA IV at mid details.

Have you tried the trackmania range of games. Crazy shit man. The tracks and all. You can really feel yourself in the car.

Try that and report here. AFAIK TM nations is available free and the rest can be *AHEM *AHEM.

If you like no nonsense racing then thats the game :)

You can also try Juiced and Juiced 2. Both are good but customization stuff is there.

And as Xtechmaniac suggested Splitsecond was everything you want.

Test Drive 5 and 6, very old, about same time as NFS 3. Great music, good cars, fun tracks, no customization, no vinyl, no tune-ups.

"Flatout 2"

Awesome physics in terms of Car Damage, but takes a while getting used to controlling the car on some tracks. Graphics are great. There are 3 types of races - Derby, Street, & Race. Also there are some additional stunt challenges if you get bored of the normal races..

hellfire said:
Hey folks.

Just felt like playing some racing game like old times. Something like NFS 3. No stupid wannabe storyline, no -earn-points-and-get-a-sticker-to-pimp-ur-car, no nitro shite, no pure realistic physics

Just a simple, get at the start line and blast off, use the brakes once in a while :eek:hyeah:

Any suggestions. My system can run GTA IV at mid details.

I doubt if you can find such unrealistic full-pedal-all-time racing games these days.

But regarding start-and-RACE games similar to your requirements, following are my recommendations:

Grid with assists ON

Flatout 2 ...will have nitrous, but still awesome

Trackmania United

If you haven't tried even I would recommend Any of the Race Driver series of Codemasters....

Gird is the latest amongst them, and really a very nice game.

^ Yeah try the DiRT series from Codemasters, I found Race Driver: GRID tougher in comparison to DiRT so IMO you should avoid it since you don't want to use brakes much.

^I think he meant straight forward? :p

GRID is slightly hard IMO but nothing like being a pro once you get used to the controls. :D

I'd vote for Blur and Split Second: Velocity. And NFS Undercover as well if you haven't played it. Has a not-so-bad storyline.

NFS Undercover :S . Dont play this game.

-Stupid storyline.

-Too bright screen

-The races are very easy. Once you take lead no matter how bad you drive you will win.

-Car physics are not realistic in any way.

Burnout Paradise .... No story whatsoever. Its just crazy fun ...

But I'm not sure if the crashing and destruction will appeal to you :)

sugat123 said:
NFS Undercover :S . Dont play this game..

Hehehe...well, I didn't wanna start a war over here so kept my mouth shut. But since you mention it, I think the NFS chaps went bonkers after NFS: PU. Every NFS game since NFS UG is complete bullshit IMO :S. Damn, and to think that they used to make pretty good racing games once upon a time.

Back