Please suggest Touchscreen Phone under 7k

mobile_user

Disciple
Hey Guys,

Please suggest me a touch screen mobile phone for my sister. It will be a gift on her birthday. My budget is 7k. Just for information, she works as the Event Management Executive in Delhi.

1. Q: Budget?
A: 7k

2. Q: Preferred Form Factor(flip, bar, slider)?
A: Bar

3. Q: Preferred display type?
A: TFT

4. Q: Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them.
A: Any good brand other than Micromax, Karbon, Spice etc.

5. Q: Preferred input method (Touchscreen, QWERTY, etc.)?
A: Touchscreen only

6. Q: Camera required or not? If required, please specify type like front camera/flash/etc.
A: Required, a good camera with Flash.

7. Q: Preferred operating system? (Android, Symbian, iOS, Windows Phone etc).
A: anything, it does not matter

8. Q: Preferred connectivity options? (3G, Wifi, Edge etc).
A: 3G, Wifi

9. Q: What is your intended use for this phone(internet, camera, multimedia, mails, etc)?
A: Camera, music, internet, video recording

10. Q: Any other requirements?
A: Doesn't require dual sim

11. Q: If you have already considered a phone then please mention the model.
A: Samsung Galaxy Y. She is using Nokia 5233 at the moment.

I do not see much options in this price range, so please suggest.

Your requirement says good camera with flash and you have shortlisted a Galaxy Y whose 2MP camera is worse than the Nokia 5233 :S

Get the Samsung S5670. It has a decent 5MP autofocus camera (No LED flash). It costs ~8.5k after discount from letsbuy. (Use coupon 'AMEXLB', out of stock now)

Samsung Galaxy Fit S5670 review: In shape droid - GSMArena.com

If you are ok with non-touch phones then the SE Elm is then best camera phone in the proximity of your budget.

She won't go for ZTE and Dell mobile phones as she is not aware of these brands. Regarding Samsung Galaxy Fit, one of my friends is using and he is not happy with the device. The screen resolution is very bad because of which he cant install most of the popular games from Android market. I am not just looking for camera phone.. I am looking for a mobile which has something in every department. :)

How about Nokia 500, its a recent launch? Any ideas? Ready to increase the budget :)

mobile_user said:
She won't go for ZTE and Dell mobile phones as she is not aware of these brands. Regarding Samsung Galaxy Fit, one of my friends is using and he is not happy with the device. The screen resolution is very bad because of which he cant install most of the popular games from Android market. I am not just looking for camera phone.. I am looking for a mobile which has something in every department. :)

How about Nokia 500, its a recent launch? Any ideas? Ready to increase the budget :)

Camera is just okay-ish, nothing great, but still, good enough for daily use. Video's aren't good. The UI is fine, default browser is sluggish(use Opera Mini).

The phone will receive Symbian Belle update, which would do wonders for it according to me.

For the price, the phone is great. My girlfriend's using the same phone. For the price, it's a pretty good phone, and as I said, unless your sister has used an iPhone or such, she won't really mind this phone at all.

Thanks comp@ddict for the review.

Yesterday, I came to know about one more mobile in my budget, Samsung Wave 525. By letsbuy, it costing me only 4950/-. How about this? Can it be comparable to Nokia 500 (though the price difference is almost double)? I heard that Bada 2.0 is also going to be released soon in India.

Back