Please suggest a very cheap laptop

j_jindal1 said:
I recently bought Toshiba C660 for 20.5 k, it gives a battery life of 3+ hours and a good VFM laptop.. If gaming is not first preference, I will suggest this laptop.

Sturdy look and feel and power too..
Can you please post 3DMark 06 score of your laptop.

^^ I'll post if I get time.... It's for someone else and It's with me for next 2 days only.. :)

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Agreed with your points, but at the same time build quality is better than my old dell system. Moreover for general usage (no gaming and graphic intensive work) 1Gb memory will suffice to your needs.. there are not many laptops with 15.6" screen at this price.. :)

thirumalkumaran said:
^^ But that has a paltry 1gb ram, 250gb HDD..

NO HDMI..

Only 2 USB..

keyboard and trackpad buttons seems too loose...

Personally I don't recommend that one...

Well after using ToshibaC660 for couple of days I wont' recommend it to anyone. Although it's a good laptop at that price but there are better choices:

1. Webcam quality is extremely poor. (my 4 year old compaq has a better webcam)

2. After a fresh install of Win7 and Photoshop CS4, the processing was miserable.

3. Build quality and heating system is better as compared to my old dell system but it is certainly not upto standards of Toshiba.

Pros:

Light weight..

Heating is almost negligible..

15.6" screen

Take your decision on the basis of above facts....

j_jindal1 said:
Well after using ToshibaC660 for couple of days I wont' recommend it to anyone. Although it's a good laptop at that price but there are better choices:

1. Webcam quality is extremely poor. (my 4 year old compaq has a better webcam)

2. After a fresh install of Win7 and Photoshop CS4, the processing was miserable.

3. Build quality and heating system is better as compared to my old dell system but it is certainly not upto standards of Toshiba.

Pros:

Light weight..

Heating is almost negligible..

15.6" screen

Take your decision on the basis of above facts....

j_jindal ~ Nice and short review. Thanks!

If you are really interested n build quality

Then go for Thinkpad sl410...

Built like tank, but has old gen core 2 duo....

But with multi touch and moreover its a thinkpad

thirumalkumaran said:
If you are really interested n build quality

Then go for Thinkpad sl410...

Built like tank, but has old gen core 2 duo....

But with multi touch and moreover its a thinkpad

@thirumalkumaran ~ Its in 30K range. We are looking cheap laptops under Rs.25k range.

I hope i am not going off topic but i think you also have the option of buying a fairly high specced used laptop in your budget.I am sure if you post in the marketplace you will get good ,well taken care of specimens.

how is asus X8AIE-VX106D ?

specs -T4500(2.3G, 1M)

Memory 2GB DDR3 1066 MHz

Display 14″ HD (1366×768)

Video Graphics & Memory Nvidia® GeForce® GT 310M with 512 MB DDR3 VRAM

Hard Drive 320GB,5400rpm

Optical Drive 8xSuper Multi DL

Video Camera 0.3 Mega Pixel web camera

Fax/Modem/LAN/WLAN Integrated 802.11 b/g/n

price 25.5k

sunny27 said:
the 8200m can not offer smooth gameplay in cysis

Look out for Intel Atom processor based netbooks they are very cheap but offer very good quality performance. You can get them at a range starting from Rs. 10,000. Within 20,000 Rs. you will get a netbook from all the biggest brands.

Back