PC Peripherals Please Suggest a Gaming Mouse !

nadim_90210

Disciple
Hey guys

I am currently using the Razer Diamond Back Mouse with Razer ExactMat.

I am an avid Counter strike player & the scroll of my Razer DB is not working so i need to change the mouse.

Please suggest any good mouse.

Max budget: 3k

+1 to that (^).

Had a DA, went kaput over a year of usage (middle-button click not recognised and the usual plague haunting the DAs world over - single click getting registered as a double click!). Switched to a MS IE 3.0 and loving it.

MS IE3.0 has the worlds best "worst side" buttons ever ... though its not much in CS, but still i'd never invest in a mice which comes with such a flaw right from the start ..

How do u grip the mouse ??

In any case, according to your budget, u can either go for a Razer DA or a Logitech G5, both having pros and cons of their own. I particularly like the weight cartridge system of the Logitech G5 so i'd recommend that. But eventually everything is down to the way u grip ur mouse ..

Perhaps the user needs to get used to it? I felt the same when I switched from the DA to the IE3 and got used to it over a week's time. Not pretty much a flaw if you ask me!

Lol the Logitech G5 must be a joke after the worst ever MS Habu! But it's more of a user perception as you've rightly said. TEHO!

My reason for changing is the middle Button of the DB.

Dont want to get another mouse with the same problem...

Any other sugesstions besdies the G5 & Microsoft Intelli Explorer 3.0 ?

MX518 is also a wonderful mouse, using it myself for abt 2 years now, without any problems.

design wise the MX518 and G5 are almost the same, only difference is that MX518 is a optical mouse, while the G5 is a laser mouse

as someone said, it depends on the way you grip the mouse. if you rest your palm on the mouse then go for MX518 or G5. if you use your fingers only, then look towards razer.

Logitech MX518 - 1.45k

-For Right Hand Gamers.

-Easy to Hold

-1600Dpi

-Comfortable Grip

-Can switch sensitivity on-the-fly.

VaRz said:
Logitech MX518 - 1.45k

-For Right Hand Gamers.
-Easy to Hold
-1600Dpi
-Comfortable Grip
-Can switch sensitivity on-the-fly.
I am a leftie using this mouse. Got used to it though,so no problem if someone decides to buy it and is a left hander. Still a good deal.:eek:hyeah:
By the way, are there any good ambidextrous mouse that are affordable(under 3k) and are good for gaming?

Only one i can think of wud be the Razer Lachesis, but thats priced at 4.4k's :p .. but its a damm good mouse i must suggest ..

Oh btw, i try to be impartial when i suggest stuff to pple. I've tried and tested over 10 gaming mice till date and i'd say when it comes to pure performance combined with feature, Logitech G5 wins hand down. I cud go on the details if anyone likes to, but i rather leave that for another topic. MS IE3.0 has good tracking, but a 450 dpi mouse with a guarantee or crappy side buttons is never going to be a mouse i'd suggest open heartedly to anyone .. MX518 pwns it anyday ..

Gannu said:
Lol the Logitech G5 must be a joke after the worst ever MS Habu! But it's more of a user perception as you've rightly said. TEHO!

If you don't mind me asking, what exactly do you have against the Habu?

^^ I'll tell you.

People don't like Habu because they think its a failure. Many people consider it as a trend and keep on talking stuff which technically doesn't make any sense at all.

All I can see with the Habu is that it was not VFM. But who cares tbh? You have a 7G keyboard selling for 10 Grands locally. Then you have this SS Warcraft Edition Mice which I saw selling for 13 odd grands in front of my eyes , still cannot believe it.

So I don't think money should be taken into consideration. There isn't any other problem with MS Habu IMO.

BTW , @ deathvirus_me - Razer Lachesis is not at all recommended for 1.6! :) (For CSS , TF2 , L4D etc. it's completely fine though!)

Back