OC & Modding planning to buy cpu cooler and thermal paste!!

tajendra

Disciple
Nov 20, 2009
hy guys,

my budget is RS. 2500~3000
plz suggest a good cpu cooler and thermal compound for my cpu and a thermal compound for my gpu, plz suggest approx reduction in temps after applying the solution(compound + heatsink)

my specs are in my signature

thanx a lot:hap2:

lalitsehgal21

Disciple
Apr 11, 2008
well brother go in for cm v8 cooler...its gud looking and runs preety cool....using one myself and under full load playin bf bc2 and crysis max temp is 39 flat with turbo overclocking on.

kolguy

Adept
Jun 24, 2009
v8 is a good option but for that price that price there are really some good coolers from noctua that are worth considering ... including the NH14, also the corsair H50 is pretty good, but its edged out by the nh14 in performance in some cases. I personally use ocz freeze tim and i found it very good , mx2 is another great option to look at , i think cpu cooler finaly comes to personal peformance ... whichever looks best for ones taste is the one to buy, but if u want pure performance air cooler then the NH14 it is . As far as tim is considered a toss between the freeze and mx2 whichever you can get your hands on.

edit : just noticed the price point think the cm 212+ does a good job in that range ... there was also some true available in the market section that came within your price point. both the mx2 and feeze was around 350 when i went looking for them last.

cheers

kolguy

Audiophi1le

Live eviL
Skilled
Apr 18, 2009
CM V8 is arnd 5k...and its not exactly a perfomance cooler-it has just one fan option and the fan is feeble(i can hardly feel air behind HSF). But of course its one of the best looking HSF out there with decent perfomance. Sunbeam CCF 120mm, True 120 Extreme/A(without fan),Vendetta 2 are good options

tajendra

Disciple
Nov 20, 2009
i think Cm 212+ along with mx2 would be best in my budget, its reviews are good and i think it will do fine when i overclock my cpu!!

thanx guys