Car & Bike Planning to buy a new Bike - Please help

loverboy jai

Disciple
Jan 6, 2009
guys, m planning to buy new bike, confused:huh: b/n R15 & P220.. presently using suzuki fiero 2002 model done with 69000 kms genuine bike... plan to sell:( off.. so guys please help.. and one more thing tat m both city rider and tourer.. please please help

thogaibalu

Disciple
Dec 24, 2009
thogai.in
Not to add to your confusion, but looking at your kms and since you're interested in touring, have you tried RE Thunderbird? well-suited for trips and okay for city riding, but the ride - test-ride one to feel it!

yogi7272

Adept
Aug 2, 2006
I got my P220 two months back. Superb bike :hap2: I have heard some good things abt R15 too.. But then price difference between these two is :bleh: .. :clap::clap: from me for P220

loverboy jai

Disciple
Jan 6, 2009
thogaibalu said:
Not to add to your confusion, but looking at your kms and since you're interested in touring, have you tried RE Thunderbird? well-suited for trips and okay for city riding, but the ride - test-ride one to feel it!

i would love to hav RETB.. but onething is cant ride much in city.. so.. i choosing b/n these 2... wat say?

yogi7272 said:
I got my P220 two months back. Superb bike :hap2: I have heard some good things abt R15 too.. But then price difference between these two is :bleh: .. :clap::clap: from me for P220

congrats for the bike... r15 is good in alll the way but the price of it.. oh!hell no..it will burn the pockets... and as p220 is getting for83k.. so i'll take test drive of both n i'll decide..

thogaibalu

Disciple
Dec 24, 2009
thogai.in
loverboy jai said:
i would love to hav RETB.. but onething is cant ride much in city.. so.. i choosing b/n these 2... wat say?

I too thought the same before getting my bird.

But after some riding, with the comfort the front bumper gives, and the power it guzzles out in 1st and 2nd gear, now I fly through the traffic as good as a sleek platina.. :)

Anyway, riding styles differ. If any of your friend has a RETB/TBTS, try it for a couple of days / a week (That's what I did!) then you would never want to buy any of "the lesser ones" :cool2:

yogi7272

Adept
Aug 2, 2006
@loverboy jai - 83k .. hmm.I got mine for 77k on 31st dec with delivery on 6th jan .. Your from which city? For 77k its total VFM.. but 83k I think its a bit on the costlier side.. R15 is great bike in itself with super technology but its price :no: ..

Rahul++

SuperUser
Skilled
Aug 27, 2007
Pune
www.wrapcode.com
R15 owner here.. I would like to say go for R15, you'll experience the difference and you'll realize why it has so high pricing :p

Have done ~7.5K KM running on it, Bike is giving me ~37kmpl in city and ~43-45 kmpl outside...

RanjithMN

Disciple
Jan 1, 2009
Id suggest the R15.P220 has some goodies like Projectors and handle back-lit and of course VFM!

but R15 is much much refined and the quality is great.

P220 RVM are worse than useless and the fairing vibes are a turn off.

yogi7272

Adept
Aug 2, 2006
I have put R15 RVM on my P220 . Engine is very refined. and I dont have any fairing vibrations. Dude better check Xbhp forums, you can gather more useful info over there..

loverboy jai

Disciple
Jan 6, 2009
yogi7272 said:
@loverboy jai - 83k .. hmm.I got mine for 77k on 31st dec with delivery on 6th jan .. Your from which city? For 77k its total VFM.. but 83k I think its a bit on the costlier side.. R15 is great bike in itself with super technology but its price :no: ..

ur talking abt p220 bikini rite?? m talking abt p200 fastest... k

Rahulrulez said:
R15 owner here.. I would like to say go for R15, you'll experience the difference and you'll realize why it has so high pricing :p

Have done ~7.5K KM running on it, Bike is giving me ~37kmpl in city and ~43-45 kmpl outside...

kk thnks for info... heard tat after 7k rpm the bike will be like the rocket.. is it true???

yogi7272 said:
I have put R15 RVM on my P220 . Engine is very refined. and I dont have any fairing vibrations. Dude better check Xbhp forums, you can gather more useful info over there..

thnks a lot for giving info abt xbhp

yogi7272

Adept
Aug 2, 2006
@loverboy jai - I am talking abt the F version. Prices have been increased a bit this yr. Personally I find P220 to be better looking than R15 .. R15 looks like a toy to me:bleh: ..Anyways both are very good bikes ..and U cant go wrong with any ..:)

loverboy jai

Disciple
Jan 6, 2009
yogi7272 said:
@loverboy jai - I am talking abt the F version. Prices have been increased a bit this yr. Personally I find P220 to be better looking than R15 .. R15 looks like a toy to me:bleh: ..Anyways both are very good bikes ..and U cant go wrong with any ..:)

i know prices going up.. niot at all worried abt price.. i need details abt performance, riding comfort(long and short rides) and power tats it

Gaurish said:

thanks bro.. :hap2:

guys, i also heard tat r15's power will boost up after 6k RPM!! is it true??? :huh:

krates

Disciple
Jul 11, 2008
Lucknow
www.imkushagra.com
If you want to enjoy Just Take the bike above 7k rpm and it will beat any pulsar with the power it produces after 7k RPM..

it is the best handling indian machine..

Best looking indian bike..

and an ultimate performer..

don't go by 17bhp its weight to power ratio is very good

And I have actually done 147 on speedo in R15..

P220 overall is a great bike with very good power below 8k RPM but the engine is not refined pathetic handling but you will any street race with it... A good looker too.. :) but in the end of the day it is a BAJAJ and R15 is a Yammy it will definately last longer :)