Photographers Need Your Help !!!

Please help me chose .. Canon S95 vs Panasonic TZ10

I know the specs n all... in favor of Canon : Image Quality

in favor of Panasonic : GPS , Zoom

Now i've seen wildly varying images low light images from the TZ10 .. from good low-light images to horrible ones.

I wouldn't mind having extra zoom and that is what is giving me second thoughts about the Canon. I would also HIGHLY appreciate Full Manual controls.

Budget about 25k or so.. if there are other suggestions , feel free to post.

With a budget of 25K, i would suggest to look at the canon 1000D if you are looking at DSLRs.

What are you primarily looking at shooting? portriats, landscape, street photography, etc ...?

Not looking at the 1000D... the DSLR [looking at the 550D] will come towards the end of the year. This has to be easily portable. Macros are very important.

The Canon S95 will give you the best possible image quality from a point and shoot, the same image quality as the Canon G12. The Panasonic LX5 has comparable image quality but its a bit bulky and not easily pocketable due to the lens jutting out. The Panny TZ10 will give you more features and lot more zoom, but the image quality isn't even comparable. You need to decide whether you want the best compact point and shoot (S95) or the best compact ultra-zoom (TZ10).

Having used both the cams, i would strongly suggest the S95 for its image quality, low-light abilities, fantastic manual shooting features and fast shooting performance.

BTW, the S95 is terribly priced in India, try getting it from US. Or, try grey market. The cam was priced around 400$ in US when i was there and now, due to high demand the US pricing has gone up to about 440$.

Back