phone under 25k

Status
Not open for further replies.

nick2012

Adept
1. Q: Budget?
A: 25k

2. Q: Preferred Form Factor(flip, bar, slider)?
A: Bar

3. Q: Preferred display type?
A: amoled,tft

4. Q: Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them.
A: neh

5. Q: Preferred input method (Touchscreen, QWERTY, etc.)?
A: Touchscreen

6. Q: Camera required or not? If required, please specify type like front camera/flash/etc.
A: atleast 5MP camera. Flash.

7. Q: Preferred operating system? (Android, Symbian, iOS, Windows Phone etc).
A: android or windows

8. Q: Preferred connectivity options? (3G, Wifi, Edge etc).
A: 3G,wifi

9. Q: What is your intended use for this phone(internet, camera, multimedia, mails, etc)?
A: Camera, mails,videos,movies and gaming :p

10. Q: Any other requirements?
A: dual core, ics

11. Q: If you have already considered a phone then please mention the model.
A: s2,xolo

^^ you missed Xperia P. But P's processor is weak and so is S Advance. R is discontinued and Sensation is out of market. Last one is Atrix 2 which is selling strong.

lol more suggestions please...
btw s2 is the best if i can increase 2k??

Yup, No doubt about it.. But there are Two variants. Just be sure to get I9100.. Dont Buy I9100G.. I9100G uses a weaker Processor/GPU..

Model numbers For I9100- GT-I9100LKAINU/GT-I9100LKASLK/GT-I9100LKANPL/GT-I9100RWAINU/GT-I9100LKATML
Model numbers For I9100G- GT-I9100RWGINU/GT-I9100LKGTML/GT-I9100LKGSLK/GT-I9100LKGINU

See the third letter after GT-I9100.. If it is A, it is i9100.. If it is G, it is i9100G.. Ask the Dealer/Shop for the Model number before Buying.

If you are not looking at only Raw power and want a great overall package, have a long look at Sony Xperia S. It has HD 4.3 inch screen, better 12 MP camera, 32 GB build in Storage (No mSD slot), Good Audio quality and it stands well against GS2 it performance.. You can look at this article for in depth shootout between GS2 and Xperia S.. Keep in mind that the shootout was done when Xperia S was on Gingerbread. Now it has been updated to ICS and it should boost its performance..

Sony Xperia S vs. Samsung Galaxy S II: S-hootout - GSMArena.com

If you are fine without warranty, you can have a look at Galaxy Nexus too.. It has Gorgeous HD Super AMOLED screen. Although its performance is not as good as GS2 or Xperia S. It also has much smaller 5MP camera and Non expandable 16GB storage. Add no manufacturer warranty with that, it looks it is not a better buy over Xperia S.

Screen is the most important thing as you look at it all the time and interact with it most of the time.. So with HD screen, with 12 MP camera surpassed only by N8 and Pureview 808 in terms of quality, good audio quality, great performance comparable to GS2 you cant go wrong with Xperia S. It also costs only 500 Rs more than GS2 I9100. So I would suggest you to buy Xperia S than GS2..

Find somebody with ICICI bank account and use ICICIEOSS1 for debit cards and ICICIEOSS2 for credit cards to get 1k off in Ebay..
You will get Xperia S for 27k with manufacturer Warranty.
Dont settle for any other Mediocre products (When compared to GS2 and Xperia S) when you have such a budget..

Yup, No doubt about it.. But there are Two variants. Just be sure to get I9100.. Dont Buy I9100G.. I9100G uses a weaker Processor/GPU..

Model numbers For I9100- GT-I9100LKAINU/GT-I9100LKASLK/GT-I9100LKANPL/GT-I9100RWAINU/GT-I9100LKATML
Model numbers For I9100G- GT-I9100RWGINU/GT-I9100LKGTML/GT-I9100LKGSLK/GT-I9100LKGINU

See the third letter after GT-I9100.. If it is A, it is i9100.. If it is G, it is i9100G.. Ask the Dealer/Shop for the Model number before Buying.

If you are not looking at only Raw power and want a great overall package, have a long look at Sony Xperia S. It has HD 4.3 inch screen, better 12 MP camera, 32 GB build in Storage (No mSD slot), Good Audio quality and it stands well against GS2 it performance.. You can look at this article for in depth shootout between GS2 and Xperia S.. Keep in mind that the shootout was done when Xperia S was on Gingerbread. Now it has been updated to ICS and it should boost its performance..

Sony Xperia S vs. Samsung Galaxy S II: S-hootout - GSMArena.com

If you are fine without warranty, you can have a look at Galaxy Nexus too.. It has Gorgeous HD Super AMOLED screen. Although its performance is not as good as GS2 or Xperia S. It also has much smaller 5MP camera and Non expandable 16GB storage. Add no manufacturer warranty with that, it looks it is not a better buy over Xperia S.

Screen is the most important thing as you look at it all the time and interact with it most of the time.. So with HD screen, with 12 MP camera surpassed only by N8 and Pureview 808 in terms of quality, good audio quality, great performance comparable to GS2 you cant go wrong with Xperia S. It also costs only 500 Rs more than GS2 I9100. So I would suggest you to buy Xperia S than GS2..

Find somebody with ICICI bank account and use ICICIEOSS1 for debit cards and ICICIEOSS2 for credit cards to get 1k off in Ebay..
You will get Xperia S for 27k with manufacturer Warranty.
Dont settle for any other Mediocre products (When compared to GS2 and Xperia S) when you have such a budget..
this is the answer i was waiting for
i just want pure performance in videos,gaming and a decent camera
and a expandable memory necessary

this is the answer i was waiting for
i just want pure performance in videos,gaming and a decent camera
and a expandable memory necessary

If Expandable storage is must and should, then the only choice is GS2 I9100. But Xperia S has 32GB of built in storage! So unless you buy 16GB GS2 and put a 32GB memory card, it wont surpass Xperia S in terms of total storage. And memory cards will be much slower than internal Flash memory. If you are going to buy a good 32GB mSD card (Say class 6 or class 10) you will be spending 1400 Rs to 1800 Rs more. So I still feel Xperia S is a better overall package. Just read that GSMArena head to head between Xperia S and GS2. And the HD screen of Xperia S alone should be worth it.
But if you decide to buy GS2, it wont be a bad choice either. Just don't buy anything else.

hmm
32gb will be more than enough for me for everytihing..
but what about amoled and it costs more than s2
Xperia S has 16GB more inbuilt storage, Has HD screen and a better 12MP camera. What do you expect? :) Even with all those things, it costs just 500 Rs more.
Super AMOLED is good, no doubt. But on 4.3 inch screen with its 480x800 resolution you get density of only 217 pixels per inch. Whereas Xperia S has 720x1280 or 2.4x the number of pixels with 342 ppi! Everything will look insanely crisp/sharp on Xperia S. It also has more brightness than GS2 and both have very good sunlight legibility.
I have not personally seen Xperia S, so I cannot give you an exact answer. But from what I have read and seen on net, Xperia S's HD screen is much better than GS2's Super AMOLED.

Do one thing, go to shops like Univercell, Sangeeta, Reliance Digital where they keep the Demo models (Not dummy). Check both side by side and decide yourself which is the one for you. then you can buy it online for less.

so guys will be buying in 1-2days
what to buy xperia s s2 or note

Where are you getting Note under 25k?? If you have budget for Note, have a look at HTC One X too. And if you plan to buy Note, go to a store and have a look at it. Feel it in your hands. See if you can manage its size. It is really HUGE. Doesn't look so when you look in pictures.
As I have already told, between GS2 i9100 and Xperia S, I would choose Xperia S for its screen alone, but you will be getting more along with that screen.
If you have budget for Note and can live with its size, it is a great phablet. But Note 2 will be released this month and Note price might come down by 2-3k in 2-3 months. Have a look at One X too. It is surpassed by only GS3 in performance and looks great and has one of the best screens available in the market right now.

@nick2012

Not just against the S2, but there is currently NO smartphone in the market with the screen quality of the Xperia S. Not even GS3 is close. Only the One X is close but even it cannot match the sharpness of the XS screen. Trust me I own the XS and have seen every other screen and compared the screen to other phones playing the same video on both phones. You will find such videos on Youtube as well comparing Xperia S screen with HTC One X and Galaxy S3 and in those vids too its clear how much better XS screen is. And the comments are all in support of the XS screen being the best there :)

Every time I view a 1080p video on my XS I fall in love all over again with it :drool:

Last edited by a moderator:
Galaxy S2 is a year old model and although it still beats almost every phone in benchmarks of similar budget , the Xperia S would be considerring all the points mentioned above , [ good high ppi screen , better benchmarks , good enough storage ( although is internal flash storage faster than Class 10 Micro SD ? I do not know :( )

Galaxy Note is a unique phone , you have to really decide whether you will be able to use such a large phone .

extended my budget but cant extend more as there is always better phones by increasing some budget
first i thought for sola, then s2 then xperia now next note htc onex s3
buy incresing every 3k there's is a much better phone...

---------- Post added at 10:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:09 AM ----------

and hows xperia s gpu adreno220(i think its not better than s2's mali400) will it lag??

extended my budget but cant extend more as there is always better phones by increasing some budget
first i thought for sola, then s2 then xperia now next note htc onex s3
buy incresing every 3k there's is a much better phone...

---------- Post added at 10:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:09 AM ----------

and hows xperia s gpu adreno220(i think its not better than s2's mali400) will it lag??

No there is no lag. Both are about the same when comparing s2 and XS thanks to optimizations by sony.
Even tegra 3 games run smoothly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back