Dark Prince

Disciple
hey all.....i want to buy a phone for my girl with a maximum budget of 10k
I will be buying the phone tomorrow
I am really sorry for such a short notice period
I am looking for phones with the following features
Good sound output
goodcamera
good build quality(chancesare that the phone will be dropped a lot)
decent battery life
A QWERTY keypad is what she wants but would not mind a good touch screen phone for that budget
no constraints on the operating sytem on it
She is against touch screens cos she has already tried a dual sim samsung touch screen which was already pathetic to start with
The phones that i have narrowed down on are

Blackberry curve 8520
LG optimus one(thats my choice n definitely not hers)
sony ericsson ELM and HAZEL
HTC explorer

i only know that the optimus one is one hell of a phone

Which one do you people suggest from the list above
Any other suggestions are also welcome
She is definitely against NOKIA C3,E5 and C5 snce her friends have those :p:p:p

Thanks in advance for your valuable suggestions

mobile_user said:
Go for Blackberry buddy, girls really like black berrys.. :)

hehehe......thanks for your suggestion

that was what my also girl suggested in the first place :p:p:p

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

vicky.vetal said:
if she really likes qwerty then samsung galaxy pro or nokia E5, if touchscreen then galaxy fit or galaxy Y.. great phones for a girl

she does not want E5

hows galaxy pro compared to curve

and hows HTC explorer compared to galaxy fit or galaxy Y

Get her a curve. BB has a thing with girls. Although camera and audio is okish. Low budget androids are snappier at first (atleast that's what they seem to be) but later androids are ram hogers! And these phones lack them. Curve it is + Rest assured - Its sure to be curvy enough for you too. ;)

pratzgh1 said:
Get her a curve. BB has a thing with girls. Although camera and audio is okish. Low budget androids are snappier at first (atleast that's what they seem to be) but later androids are ram hogers! And these phones lack them. Curve it is + Rest assured - Its sure to be curvy enough for you too. ;)

hahahahaha........point duly noted

and that phone suits all her needs and that is her personal choice as well,buying BB curve would be more advisable

it will also save me from her bad mood if some thing goes wrong later

i am still open for suggestions though

ghost_z said:
lg optimus one p500 best phone under 10k price point...u can't beat its unbeatable value and set of features :p

i totally agree with you when you say that optimus one is a kickass phone

even i am confused between BB and p500

she clearly mentioned that she is not interested in a touch screen phone but needs a qwerty(she can always use the onscreen qwerty :p:p:p)

but i gotta think twice before buying an LG phone for the girls(since they are so brand conscious)

pratzgh1 said:
RAM hoggers?
Android keeps applications in memory in suspended mode so that when the application is opened next, it can be started very quickly.

Don't make incorrect statements if you have no idea of what you are saying.

@OP If your budget is 10k, why not buy her the LG Optimus Net?
It has been released recently and the processor is just a little bit faster.

galaxy pro is touch+type. good phone. personally i hate bb.

galaxy fit has a larger screen, 5MP camera, 800Mhz processor. galaxy Y looks small but a good phone. dese are much better dan the explorer

hotshot05 said:
RAM hoggers?
Android keeps applications in memory in suspended mode so that when the application is opened next, it can be started very quickly.

@OP If your budget is 10k, why not buy her the LG Optimus Net?
It has been released recently and the processor is just a little bit faster.
i did not give optimus net a serious thought as i have no idea about its dev support

ghost_z said:
ya that i can undertstand..then why not htc wildfire...they don't even consider htc a good brand...??
from what have heard and read that they are battery hoggers and aint that good in the audio department
i would opt for samsung over HTC cos of this
also the wildfire has a pathetic screen

cooleagle said:
Get her a BB & she'll be happy, its a fine phone . . .
But after sometime you might also need to get BB. . . :D :bleh: :bleh:

not really dude
reliance to reliance is free :D:D:D:p:p:p

vicky.vetal said:
galaxy pro is touch+type. good phone. personally i hate bb.
galaxy fit has a larger screen, 5MP camera, 800Mhz processor. galaxy Y looks small but a good phone. dese are much better dan the explorer

galaxy fit also seems to be a decent option
i will definitely check it out

If she's okay with touch screen and needs blackberry then you can check out blackberry storm 9530.its a wonderful phone to brag about.
You can get it within 10k from some online stores.
The only feature it lacks is Wi-Fi I think but that is ok according to me as there are very few hotspots even in cities like mumbai and they are costly too.
B.o.l

One more vote for galaxy pro. I am using it for some time now and girls love this phone.
Its an awesome phone with great keypad but with two drawbacks (don't matter to me)- 1. Low resolution screen 2. No multitouch.

hotshot05 said:
RAM hoggers?

Isn't that what i wanted to say! Don't you require a good amount of ram for that? Why would you say the same thing rephrased? :S

Guys thanks for your valuable suggestions

Its down to lg optimus one and lg optimus net

the optimus basically is an optimus one with a better processor

there are very high chances that the phone will be rooted and so i will need good roms for the phone that i buy....even if it is not mine.....and the optimus one wins in this aspect
so kindly help me a little more with these regards

Annu Verma said:
If your girl wants a QWERTY phone with good camera and sound quality, you can go for Nokia E5-00. It has 5MP cam with great sound output. Nokia E5-00 | Nokia Mobile Phones | Saholic.com

You can also try HTC Cha Cha, a bit costlier than your pre-decided budget. It is for 14K.
like i said in the very start of the thread,nokia E5 is out of the picture as her friends have it
and HTC chacha is way over budget....so dude these phones are out of question

thanks for the suggestions though

Back