Less than 10K Phone for Daily Life.

HackerX

Disciple
1. Budget?
A: INR 10K

2. Preferred display size, type and resolution?
A: I stare at screen for long long hours.

3. Preferred operating system? (Android (with version), iOS, Windows Phone etc).
A: Any

4. Preferred connectivity options? (4G, 3G, 2G etc).
A: 4Gor better

5. Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them.
A: No preference. Should have good service network

6. What is your intended use for this phone (internet, camera, multimedia, mails etc.)?
A: Camera, .WhatsApp, Telegram, YouTube. Chrome. Photography, Music on the Go.
I don't prefer to Watch Video or play Games on tiny screen.

7. Single SIM/ Dual SIM?
A: No preference

8. New or Used? Online or Offline?
A: New. Don’t mind buying online

9. Any other requirements?
A: Need good battery backup, internal storage < 64GB

Yep faced similar issues with a few Samsung M series phones within my fam for the screens, they crack easy if not handled properly. But apart from that they all have had random heating and restarting issues. My M30s went kaput after 1.5 years of use, the 3rd party screen replacement folx said that I need to go to a genuine Samsung Service Centre and get the motherboard replaced for 5-7k. It apparently is super common amidst the phones from this aggressively priced series of Samsung. On the other hand this old Redmi 6 Pro which had been lying around, has become my new daily driver and it does almost everything you mentioned and more. The camera sucks tho. The newer redmis tho, ig, would definitely have better cameras. Even the vivos and oppos have been surprisingly good. Cheap phones are definitely getting better even if phones in general are not getting any cheaper.

Cost cutting measures are undertaken to ensure mobiles are affordable. While the high end devices are not immune from this issue, the chances of pcb going down is high in budget devices than in an expensive ones.

Both Card Offer and Mobile Exchange can be apply at same time on FK or AZ ?
RN10 is also good if you are fine with MIUI. If you know how to debloat then you would get better performance from your device.
I hardly see Redmi Note 10 listed on online.
Quite the contrary. AMOLED puts an enormous amount of strain to eyes compared to IPS. However, the device you plan to get might have less/no PWM flicker and you yourself maybe not as sensitive as me, but just something to keep in mind.
What ? According to other members here IPS is not great for long viewing.

Last edited:
I hardly see Redmi Note 10 listed on online.
They must have discontinued it. There are so many models with 10 that a man can forget his name. I won't be of much help with the 10 series. There are just too many models to choose from.

What ? According to other members here IPS is not great for long viewing
There are two aspects here. Once concerns with PWM flickering and second is if it affects your eyes or gives headache with long time use. I had Realme XT prior to this and while it had PWM adjusting in low lights, it didn't matter to me coz I was not affected by it. But the same cannot be said about other people.

Your best bet would be to get a good screen from a well known brand, like Xiaomi RN10 pro but it will shoot your budget. Or get an IPS panel phone.

Frankly this pwm is something which varies from human to human.

Oh I see no more Redmi Note 10 because vey soon Note 11 4G and 5G are coming.
But buying 5G variant with higher price worth ? I am happy with 4G Speed but not happy with Data plan with crappy 2GB cap per day.
What the use of 1GBps speed if I have only 2GB data ?

Also, you need to see how many bands are supported by the devices. I would wait for sometime after 5G is launched to allow for dust to settle and then see which bands are supported in India and then purchase a phone accordingly.
Telcos will give you higher data limits with 5G plans but it will come at increased cost.

Back