PC Peripherals PC restarting for no reason....HELP

shady2pac

Adept
Config: C2D 8400+MSI X48 MoBo+4gb RAM+Corsair HX620.

Problem: PC restarting midway for no reason. Sometimes I get a message initially when system starts like "Warning!!! The previous perf of overclocking is failed and system is restored to default settings, Press any key except DEL to enter setup...." and sometimes it just switches on and switches off again switche on and off and this cycle goes on indefinitely. Did some googling but couldnt find a proper solution. Hope you guys help...

Thanks.

did you overclock your processor or graphics card? its making the system unstable.

go to bios settings and reset everything to defaults. then update here if you face the restarting problem.

Did as directed and as of now restarting problem ceased but the browser keeps closing frequently. Im using Firefox and the same browser version is working stable in my lappy. Wonder it has anything to do with the hardware.

if you can access bios settings, reset to defaults, if you cannot even go that far, then either remove the battery on the motherboard for a while so that the CMOS resets back to defaults or alternatively if you have a hardware CMOS reset button on the board , use that.

Did as directed and as of now restarting problem ceased but the browser keeps closing frequently. Im using Firefox and the same browser version is working stable in my lappy. Wonder it has anything to do with the hardware.

Does it close with a crash like cannot access location (some address)? If so, then it might be an indication of failing/failed RAM stick.

This is the error im getting...and the pc is still shutting down randomly though not that frequently it used to.

2zth7dc.jpg

check cpu temps using coretemp. See if everything is normal there. Make sure all values in BIOS are normal (no oc). The problem might be one of many, like psu, RAM, and maybe even the mobo.

Is the crashing is only with FF, then that version might have some issue.

Does any other installed app, behave in the same way? Also check temps, its summer, and temps tend to rise in this part of this year

Try using Chrome for a couple of days and check if the problem recurs. If it doesn't then there's a chance that your Firefox program files are corrupted and FF needs a reinstall.

Do update here on the progress.
<

Hope it helps.
<

check cpu temps using coretemp. See if everything is normal there. Make sure all values in BIOS are normal (no oc). The problem might be one of many, like psu, RAM, and maybe even the mobo.

34pgns5.png
And the bios settings are all normal.

Is the crashing is only with FF, then that version might have some issue.

Does any other installed app, behave in the same way? Also check temps, its summer, and temps tend to rise in this part of this year

Ok I have reinstalled FF and will look for a cpl of days..

Sorry for the late replies as im lil busy with work. Appreciate all the suggestions.

Back