"PATHETIC" Experince from HP+Reliance

Knight Rider

Disciple
It has been close to two months that I got a Compaq Presario notebook, One of the reasons to buy was the free internet card from reliance , SO after that I went to the reliance show-room in indira nagar and gave all the documents as required, He told me that someone would come for verification tomorrow

Didn’t hear anything for the next three weeks, One day someone called me up and told me that the card is ready and can be delivered to my office, After 5 minutes somebody else calls me from the same office and told me that the card is ready, I told him that someone already got in touch with me, He didn’t know who it was, And yes, cannot be delivered to my office After this confusion, I again went to the showroom and as usual the person in the counter told me that someone would some for verification tomorrow, NO one turned up as usual and before two weeks someone called me up from Dickinson road to ask how the card was working?

I was in cochin at that point of time and didnt know weather I should smile or cry or vent my frustration, So I told him in a calm voice that I have not recieved the card as of nowTwo seperate mails has been sent to reliance and HP, I have not heard anything from reliance but my mail was forwarded to somebody in reliance from HP, This was on the 29th of September And guess what... I have not heard from anyone after that

TO sum it up, Guys who are buying something from HP becaue of the freebies, Please reconsider your options before you do so

Mods, Please feel free to move this thread if this does not belong here

Knight Rider said:
Mods, Please feel free to move this thread if this does not belong here
I see nothing wrong with this thread. U r free to share your experiences and help out others from making similar mistakes.

Why dont u give a call to teh HP dealer and HP rep rather than a mail?

Knight Rider said:
TO sum it up, Guys who are buying something from HP becaue of the freebies, Please reconsider your options before you do so

Well my cousing bought an HP Desktop last year. The advertisement in the papers said free HP digicam with every compy sold that week. And the dealer did call him up 3 days after he bought the PC to tell him he could pickup the camera. So as Mask said, if Reliance is giving you the runaround, maybe you should give HP a call.

I had a similar issue once when I purchased a Compaq laptop. Sent a mail to the HP Tech Center copying ceo@hpsouthasia.com and salesandmarketing@hpsouthasia.com(fictitious email IDs but it got their arse on fire.) Within a week, I received an assurance mail and my free MP3 player at my doorstep.

It's pathetic that HP behaves in this way. At first they said 3-4 weeks for dispatch. Then they said 6-8 weeks.

It's a shame. They used to make great products(had an HP 4x internal CD-writer that still works albeit as a CD-ROM only now but it served me for a good six years.) But with their current service record, I won't be buying from them anytime soon. Actually HP is known for it's good service abroad because of which they have overtaken Dell which seems to have it's head up it's a** . But in India, it's the reverse situation.

I think Samsung has been recently giving good service for their LCD monitors(probably to cover up for their less than perfect products but anyway). We need to create a culture whereby we do not buy until we get an assurance of proper after sales service.

yeah isnt it the same problem in india with many other companies?? there is no culture... that talks abt good customer service here.. which is why many opther companies dont bother for the customer either... its all abt organisation culture...

i think hp has one of the good customer care.......my frnd got replacement for hisprinteron the spot........i guess u mail to their headoffice in metros..or send amail to cnbc awaz hindi....they take mails frm members and personally ask company to giv reply...shoewname is pehredar...deals with consumer issue......last week it wasall abt internet connection only

Thanks for all the inputs people, Appreciate it. I did try calling them up 'the mask' Promised will call-back but didnt recieve any at all.. Does anyone have any e-mail id for the top management of HP? I will do that last bit I guess..

But I swear that I am never gonna buy HP again cause those guys have cheesed me off completely.........

Back