Pathetic Battery life on GNEX

Disciple
Guyz,
I recently bought a gnex on ebay.com. After rooting it and flashing a plethora of roms i found out that the battery life on gnex is very bad. Currently am using CM 10.1 with franco kernel , with juice defender but still my battery dosent last 1 full day. My data usage is very minimal, also i have uninstalled all the games which i had on teh phone to increase my battery life.

Can somebody suggest me any alternative. Dont tell me to flash the V6 Supercharger script as the gnex has a whole gig of ram !

Thx in advance

GNex has been known to have pretty bad battery life. Nothing much you can do other than trying out different ROMs or getting an extended battery.

GNex has been known to have pretty bad battery life. Nothing much you can do other than trying out different ROMs or getting an extended battery.

100% true..
Gnex sucks in terms of battery life,buy large battery with back cover but after that your phone will look ugly..

And i believe those battery apps do more bad than good. And if you are someone who manually take care to toggle data/gps etc on/off as per the need, these juice defender and all may not really be of any help.

My mistake that I actually purchased Juice Defender from the play store. It was draining more battery surprisingly. I am still on stock rom and I get a decent battery life with 3G data 24/7. I dont play games though.

And i believe those battery apps do more bad than good. And if you are someone who manually take care to toggle data/gps etc on/off as per the need, these juice defender and all may not really be of any help.
yes, i do manually toggle data usage on/off, dont u guys do it that way ???? i tried using task killer too but its of no help. Dunno how my friend's GS3 gives him 2 full days of battery in one charge...

Usage, ROM and other factors affect the battery life of the phone and also the battery capacity in your phone must be different from the S3 right ?
Btw that juice defender thing, what does it do to claim in getting better battery ?
If it is toggles and all then you are better off doing that yourself rather than depending on an app.

Gnex is never known for it's battery life and i used to get a full day with Wifi on and 2G network.

You can manually toggle CPU frequencies like :

192mhz min screen off
386mhz max screen off

1.2ghz max screen on

Keep the CPU governor on intellidemand and you can also try undervolting though it can cause instability sometimes.

^^Not to mention none of the cases will fit after that, unless you are getting a battery + back cover + case combo.

Hmmm. I don't use a case. Have never used cases with my phones unless they are the ones with built in portable battery.
Also I will be using the extended battery only when I am on the road, not when I am at work or home.

Hmmm. I don't use a case. Have never used cases with my phones unless they are the ones with built in portable battery.
Also I will be using the extended battery only when I am on the road, not when I am at work or home.
If you can live with the increased thickness then the extended battery is your best bet. Where are you ordering it from? Mind posting a link to the item?

it wont look a phone then..... it will look like a oversized PMP player.... is it possible that i replace the gnex battery with the one in note 2 ( as note 2 has excellent battery life 3100mAH) :)

Back