Camera Panasonic Gf2 With 14Mm, Good Combo?

Wasp

Disciple
Hi Guys,

Am looking for a CS (compact system) camera.

After all the research and shortlisting, narrowed down on two options

1) Panasonic GF2 with 14mm pancake

2) Olympus EPM1 with kit lens (zoom)

I'd would prefer the panny for the pancake lens, touch to focus and full HD with stereo recording.

The best part obviously about the panny is the 14mm lens, its sharp, fast and very compact.

The best option i could find was for about 450$

The olympus epm1 has its strengths in terms of best jpegs, excellent color and fast focus. But, it is not avail with pancake lens and i don't want a bulky kit.

Anyone having used a GF1 or GF2?

And, i surely looked at the NEX series from sony, can only get the NEX 3 or the NEX C3 in my budget. The NEX has much better high ISO performance but the lens aren't as sharp and even the pancake lens is quite bulky.

I am particularly interested in a cam with lowest shutter lag, compact and excellent image quality till ISO 1600.

I have used Oly EPL-1, OLY XZ-1, Sony NEX 5, Canon S95, Canon S100 and the Nikon P300.

The Oly EPL-1 was most enjoyable, NEX 5 best for high ISO (but results not the sharpest) the Canon S100 the most portable with good image quality.

With the Panasonic GF2 combined with 14mm, I seem to have found the perfect middle ground for getting best image quality possible from a compact kit.

Camera gurus, any suggestions?

Back