OC & Modding Overclocking Problems ?

bltallama

Disciple
I overclocked my E7500 to somewhere around 3.6 ghz though the system was stable but I saw a lot of artifacts while playing Crysis 2. But when I played at stock speeds artifacts were nowhere to be seen. Cooling and power supply shouldn't be a problem as I have CM hyper tx3 evo and Corsair GS 700. Could it be some wrong overclocking like clocking RAM with CPU. Please advice :unsure:

And what did you run before you saw artifacts? Furmark is for stressing GPUs. Prime95(large FFT) for CPU - min 12 hours/Memtest for RAM - atleast 10 passes.

Are you struggling with performance at stock speeds?

I overclocked my E7500 to somewhere around 3.6 ghz though the system was stable but I saw a lot of artifacts while playing Crysis 2. But when I played at stock speeds artifacts were nowhere to be seen. Cooling and power supply shouldn't be a problem as I have CM hyper tx3 evo and Corsair GS 700. Could it be some wrong overclocking like clocking RAM with CPU. Please advice :unsure:

How much vCore you have in there...? And which motherboard..?

Yeah even I feel so :yes:. The E7500 is a pretty good processor. I Just wanted to see whether I would really get some performance boost on overclocking. I guess it wont work for me then :p

Back