OC & Modding Overclocking E6750

Hi guys iam looking to overclock my Core 2 Duo E6750.Currently i have crappy mobo intel DG31PR.Can i overclock with it considering i will buy a CPU cooler before OC.Otherwise pls suggest a good mobo for this Proccy which should be quite futureproof for use with core2quad and its OC

I have OCZ 4GB titanium C4 latency ram but that also sadly runs at 5-5-5-18

Budget for Mobo if i cant OC with this is 4-5K

Hello Mate,

Intel original mobo offer very little or no overclocking options from bios or use a software for overclokcing from windows, but you will have limited options for tweaking,

so sell it and extend your budget a little bit and go for a P45 mobo or at your budget P43mobo also will do the job for you.

Buy a Gigabyte G31M S2L/ES2L @ 2~k (kickass mobo, don't look at anything else)
Invest the remaining amount on an aftermarket cooler.

^This will solve your RAM latency issues as well.

no u cant overclock with your mobo

proprietary systems like dell hp gateway intel ......
does not allow users to overclock:mad:

flamesofdeath27 said:
^^Can this mobo overclock

I think you were asking if the mobo suggested by me can overclock. Indeed it can, one of the best out there/unrivaled at this price. Upwards of 4Ghz and 1600Mhz overall FSB are possible with the correct skills, proper cooling and the right chip.

Gigabyte g31 is very good overclocker. this board is damn cheap in cost but allows all kind of overclocking options voltage, fsb, ram and all. Go for it if you have a external gcard ( onboard intel graphics suck ) .

^^Thnx.Currently have 8600GT.But will upgrade soon to either GTX260 or HD5850 depending on the price tag. Will G31M E2SL work good with Core2Quad if i upgrade later?

flamesofdeath27 said:
^^Thnx.Currently have 8600GT.But will upgrade soon to either GTX260 or HD5850 depending on the price tag. Will G31M E2SL work good with Core2Quad if i upgrade later?

Yes.
Any small performance gains that come with newer chipsets will disappear once you start OCing a bit. The first time i used this board, i couldn't believe how good it was. Truly set the bar at its price range IMO.

Amien said:
Buy a Gigabyte G31M S2L/ES2L @ 2~k (kickass mobo, don't look at anything else)
Invest the remaining amount on an aftermarket cooler.

^This will solve your RAM latency issues as well.

flamesofdeath27 said:
Ok guys final Question ,Will G31ME2SL support OCZ C4 Ram at 4-4-4-15 Timings?

Yes. I already answered your question in my first post. I'm using CL4 RAM with 4-4-4-12 timings @ 800Mhz(can run at 900Mhz with the same timings) myself on this very board. Buy it with confidence. :)

Sorry guys for waking up a old thread
but iam really concerned with current mobo Intel DG31PR which i use

Here are the MOBO TEMPS at 90 Degree plus :huh:

Pls tell whether this thing is normal with my mobo or should i change

Does it do any damage to the CPU and the GPU (as iam tight on budget for a new mobo)

:huh::huh:

Back