OC & Modding Over Clocking Core Temp Help!

nadim_90210

Disciple
Hi,

I have recently bought E800 with Intel P5Q Pro MOBO, with Zalman 9700CNPS LED. I am completely a noob when it comes to over clocking and with the help of a friend I over clocked to 3.6 ,My friend has the same Config except for Zalman he has the (Cooler Master Hyper 212).

The problem is with the temp. The CPU temp is 34-36 where is the core temp is 56 & 57 respectively.

As compared to my friends where his CPU temp is 34-36 where as the core temp is in 40's.

I have nearly around 4 x 120mm & 3 x 80mm Fans.

Can any1 please y is the core temp that high or is it normal?

Which proccy have you got... try downloading the intel thermal analysis tool (intel tat) and check the temps. How much voltage is going to the CPU, try bumping it down and see if your oc is still stable. Have you run prime or orthos for 24 hours to judge the stability of your OC?

nadim_90210 said:
Hi,

I have recently bought E800 with Intel P5Q Pro MOBO, with Zalman 9700CNPS LED. I am completely a noob when it comes to over clocking and with the help of a friend I over clocked to 3.6 ,My friend has the same Config except for Zalman he has the (Cooler Master Hyper 212).

The problem is with the temp. The CPU temp is 34-36 where is the core temp is 56 & 57 respectively.

As compared to my friends where his CPU temp is 34-36 where as the core temp is in 40's.

I have nearly around 4 x 120mm & 3 x 80mm Fans.

Can any1 please y is the core temp that high or is it normal?

there are different sensors for the cpu temp,core temperature is the one to look out for tho.:)
if those are your load(orthos) temps then you are fine,as for the difference in temp between your friend's proccy it could be due to difference in bios settings,cpu stepping,cooler efficiency.

yeha ... coz.. now what happened my riend tried runnig orthos and it gave error cpu overheated. dunno what is going on.. do we need to resea the heatsink ???

Back