Options to get stuff shipped from China...Lets discuss

People on reddit are split if it's a scammer or an actual third party customs/logistics company based out of Hong Kong. Thoughts/conjecture:

It seems more likely it's a third party that's in charge of clearing customs — but their questionable methods (directly contacting through whatsapp or phone instead of by email) and maybe a language barrier makes them look like a scammer. But then what would a Chinese company do with an Indian ID? It seems like an unlikely long con if it's a scammer (Aadhar and Passport may be abused, but there's nothing you can do with a Voter's ID).

From what I can tell, if you ignore this, either you don't receive your package and get a refund back from the seller, or delivery is delayed. In the second case, I think they clear customs on their own name if you don't provide your KYC details. They do this because they're probably paid to clear customs by the seller (Banggood or Alibaba). So it would make it easier for them to clear it legally with your KYC or if you don't give them your documents then illegally with a bribe. Either way, they're getting paid by the seller.

I provided my KYC through DHL some years ago and I've been careful to reuse the exact same address, name and phone number in every international order since then and I hadn't need to provide KYC after that.

You could reply and ask for proof, like what documents do they have to prove they're processing KYC for customs clearance. There's usually paperwork that's issued by Indian customs and if they're really clearing customs then they should have a copy of this paperwork. It may also be that they're doing this proactively (before the package reaches India) and want to have everything in order before they go to the customs officer.

As long as your Aadhar is locked down (biometrics, etc) it should be safe to share a copy of it — i've sent mine to countless people on OLX and I don't receive bank loan offers or job offers for youtube likes. :(

Just an update, I did recieve my package without sharing and documents to Morning Global. However one of the many labels on the package read morningglobal.com. So, next time I will probably share the documents they want.

However, with all that said, and based on the above comment that I just found, I would say it's okay to share a copy of the Aadhar for KYC purposes.

Thanks for the @rsaeon and @ibose for the response - You are right they can't do much of voter ID cards which I'm going to send now.

Also after I cool down I noticed mechk dot com also opened the page of Morning Global and this WA contact didn't ask to send KYC Doc to him but instead of an Email address as well as ask for My Email ID.

So thank You for the assurance.

Does anyone have a good source for 26650 Li-Ion (not LFP) cells? Indiamart has some suppliers, as long as they don't have some stupid high(10+) minimum order quantity, I'll be willing to consider. I see a few available from Wurkkos (Chinese flashlight manufacturer), and they apparently send the cells inside an el cheapo flashlight as bare batteries are not allowed (?). While I've ordered flashlights from them before, not sure about cells.

Most component shops sell them:

Most component shops sell them:

Problem with these generic cells are the unavailability of datasheets/reviews (if the datasheet is at all truthful). The first one is actually a 26700 (71mm length), out of spec for a 26650 but the datasheet does claim a 3C continuous discharge at certain temperature range.

Sharvi cells do claim to be 65mm in length, but are lacking datasheets (probably, at least on mobile webpage), and the description says 2A continuous discharge (which might be incorrect).

I typically use robu as they carry name brand cells(LG, Samsung, Molicel) and I have tested the cells in the past for capacity, internal resistance etc. and they do match the manufacturer datasheets.

For my application (flashlights) I need a high continuous discharge (at least 15A, great if 25A) 26650 cell, very hard to get those here. A Molicel P28A (18650, 35A continuous) would work in a pinch (compatible length), but I lose a bunch of possible capacity.

Hi @rsaeon - I ordered this thing from Banggood and now received the below WhatsApp communication from a suspicious number by correctly mentioning the Tracking ID

View attachment 186461

View attachment 186462

My current BG tracking status is the same as 17track

View attachment 186463

During the Pre pandemic Era I ordered countless eligible products from them and was never bothered by any custom clearance issue - Isn't that the same anymore?
To me, it looks like a SCAM in the way.......

What is your opinion?

Decided not to engage in any conversation with this and ignore it for now !

Please share your thoughts...

Not a scam but neither do they seem to be that professional, one user is spouting about how he shared his details and then it got delivered a week later. But I think that was mainly just a coincidence and he just shared his details for no good reason.

Problem with these generic cells are the unavailability of datasheets/reviews (if the datasheet is at all truthful). The first one is actually a 26700 (71mm length), out of spec for a 26650 but the datasheet does claim a 3C continuous discharge at certain temperature range.

Sharvi cells do claim to be 65mm in length, but are lacking datasheets (probably, at least on mobile webpage), and the description says 2A continuous discharge (which might be incorrect).

I typically use robu as they carry name brand cells(LG, Samsung, Molicel) and I have tested the cells in the past for capacity, internal resistance etc. and they do match the manufacturer datasheets.

For my application (flashlights) I need a high continuous discharge (at least 15A, great if 25A) 26650 cell, very hard to get those here. A Molicel P28A (18650, 35A continuous) would work in a pinch (compatible length), but I lose a bunch of possible capacity.

Robokits have batteries upto 13C, but they're all 18650s: https://robokits.co.in/batteries-chargers/skycell-li-ion-battery/3.7v-li-ion-batteries-3.2-4.2v

They also have a 10C rated 21700, that's a crazy amount of amps.

I've ordered random stuff from them in the past.

Has anyone tried getting any electronics through Pandabuy? No matter what I add, they give me stupid reasons to cancel it. Even a strap for Quest 3 was rejected.

1704195868433.png

Does anyone know how to dispute customs. I ordered an used hdd from ebay. Price evaluated by custom officer was 8151 while price of the product was around 6500.

Attachments

• brave_Dja0XNCvsY.png
    brave_Dja0XNCvsY.png
    41.9 KB · Views: 148
  • 63jIBHxEkX.jpg
    63jIBHxEkX.jpg
    175.9 KB · Views: 149
Does anyone know how to dispute customs. I ordered an used hdd from ebay. Price evaluated by custom officer was 8151 while price of the product was around 6500.

Customs is calculated on the total amount of rupees sent outside of India to procure an item — cost of item + shipping.

Looks like you're one of the lucky ones because $106.62 converts to a lot more than Rs 8151.

Let us know if the hard disk passes a detailed SMART test, 12k for a 10TB is a fantastic deal.

You'll have to send a bunch of papers back and forth between multiple offices. 3.5k is fair enough, not worth the time you'll waste trying to dispute the charges (which never works unless it's a crazy amount)

Hi @rsaeon - I ordered this thing from Banggood and now received the below WhatsApp communication from a suspicious number by correctly mentioning the Tracking ID

My current BG tracking status is the same as 17tra
During the Pre pandemic Era I ordered countless eligible products from them and was never bothered by any custom clearance issue - Isn't that the same anymore?
To me, it looks like a SCAM in the way.......

What is your opinion?

Decided not to engage in any conversation with this and ignore it for now !

Please share your thoughts...
Did you receive the product? I have ordered some item and i have received similar message today

Did you receive the product? I have ordered some item and i have received similar message today

Yes…of course,

After that I placed five separate items/orders - for each order (parcel) I need to send my kyc doc( which is voter card) to that dedicated email address.
For the whole process 3 different WA number did the communication part.

Everything I received safe & secure via DTDC.

Logistic chain in India is like Ushop&Ship > ship rocket > DTDC or Delhivery.

Last edited:
Customs is calculated on the total amount of rupees sent outside of India to procure an item — cost of item + shipping.

Looks like you're one of the lucky ones because $106.62 converts to a lot more than Rs 8151.

Let us know if the hard disk passes a detailed SMART test, 12k for a 10TB is a fantastic deal.

A bit late but here's a ss of the the disk status. It's refurbished so I got it cheap.

Attachments

• DiskInfo64S_s2RsVeqxDU.png
    DiskInfo64S_s2RsVeqxDU.png
    447.8 KB · Views: 84
No, it was just 30$ RC Excavator, Now i have order 150$ MJX Hyper go 14210 model from alibaba, lets see how it goes

And with Pandabuy, they just reject if item has battery, I want to order a toy worth 100CNY, pandabuy quoted customized shipping option of 700CNY.
Recieved yet another product from banggood worth 25$, again no customs charged delivered in flat 12 days. Once more high value product 150$ in transit via fedex. i will update once i recieve them

Back