Options to get stuff shipped from China...Lets discuss

I have ordered something through pandabuy and it landed in India just today as per tracking (was shipped on 31st Oct) and I used GB-EUB as shipping. So fingers crossed for duty (I am in Mumbai). It is a small architecture lego set (replica ofcourse) and shipping weight was 390 Gms so lets see how it goes. I am trying with small stuff before I order something which has more weight.

I recently discovered the repfamindia subreddit and saw how crazy people are for sneakers and brands.
Updating on this. I got my knockoff lego set and no customs was charged. I got it in flat 11 days after it was shipped from pandabuy warehouse.

Last edited:
Damn. I'm in the same boat as mh09ad... guy, legit so many things i want to get from aliexpress but haven't been able to. Gonna try this ebay thing & see how it works.

A genuine thank you to all who have shared info about this.

EDIT: checking out ebay, taking a bit longer to filter products since there is no 'From China' option.

For the sake of hassel free shipping and buyer protection, I would suggest to buy items via Ebay.com, just recently I had purchased a class D amplifier which was never delivered though the shipping time was 2 months, but eBay refunded me promptly..

If aliexpress was working there is nothing better than that but I would root for eBay,
Damn. I'm in the same boat as mh09ad... guy, legit so many things i want to get from aliexpress but haven't been able to. Gonna try this ebay thing & see how it works.

A genuine thank you to all who have shared info about this.

EDIT: checking out ebay, taking a bit longer to filter products since there is no 'From China' option.
You need to use your Indian address and in search use the option of lowest price and shipping, this will show uptop only the items that are being shipped to you... More often than not all top results would be from China..
Please make sure to check the seller feedback and the time he/she has been around...

@all : prices won't be as low as Ali, but still tempting considering you are protected if the item isn't delivered..
Issues arise when item isn't what was expected coz then you won't be able to return for obvious reasons.. Then you have to bargain for a refund against the negative feedback to the seller if at all he entertains..

Another very important fact and this should be in mind that you can't cancel the order once placed.. Till a couple of years or so back, cancelling before the item was shipped was in buyers hands but not anymore you are on the mercy of the seller if he approves your cancellation request.

Last edited:
Thanks for the guidance, will look into it properly during the weekend & try to order something of <5$ to see how eBay works because never used eBay.

Will also try to update here accordingly. Would suggest all those who order to do the same as depending on what you order there can be complications (high quantity order, physically big product, electronics & customs etc etc) which will help others to avoid any potential issues.

Am a regular shopper on ebay. To test, I tried a couple China based sellers.

My takeaway. Despite them claiming to ship worldwide. Some of the shippers(sellers depend upon) do not fulfill their orders to India.

I got one such message today. This might happen with orders providing free shipping.

Screenshot_20231116_002755_eBay.jpg

While I'll get a refund. I would still end up paying forex markup+taxes. As a best practice I would recommend checking with sellers upfront before placing the orders. These sellers are generally responsive.

I recently placed an order on Banggood but got cold feet and cancelled after a day (went the DIY route).

Update to this, I ended up buying it anyway.

It was a $65 order placed on November 21st. It left China on November 24th and was collected/processed by UShopVShip.com on December 5th and forwarded through Shiprocket/DTDC on the 6th. Received it on the 7th with no extra payment. The experience closely mirrors how it was with iBhejo.

It was 17 days from placing the order to delivery. Very impressed.

I just received a full refund message from an item bought from eBay.com. The Chinese seller informed me that he is facing issues with the transportation and have to cancel the order. Also suggested that is would be more convenient if I buy it locally.

Update to this, I ended up buying it anyway.

It was a $65 order placed on November 21st. It left China on November 24th and was collected/processed by UShopVShip.com on December 5th and forwarded through Shiprocket/DTDC on the 6th. Received it on the 7th with no extra payment. The experience closely mirrors how it was with iBhejo.

It was 17 days from placing the order to delivery. Very impressed.

Hi. I could not find your earlier post here so wanted to ask as what as the item, which store / website you got it from and was it forwarded to some freight forwarded who got it for you and if yes then are their rates customs inclusive?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also, update to my order through pandabuy. I got a knockoff Shanghai architecture set and another one which had 8 dinosaurs (small) and 8 minifigs and I had declared it as $12 but customs assessed little over it and I ended up paying Rs. 544 as customs.

Last edited:
Hi. I could not find your earlier post here so wanted to ask as what as the item, which store / website you got it from and was it forwarded to some freight forwarded who got it for you and if yes then are their rates customs inclusive?

I made just one payment, $65.32 to Banggood by Paypal. This included the price of the item, shipping, and — what I didn't know or expected — customs clearance/forwarding with UShopVShip.

I never heard of UShopVShip before but from what I can put together, they're one of the companies contracted by Banggood to do customs clearance and final delivery within India. UShopVShip pasted the Shiprocket/DTDC label on top of the original shipping label from Banggood, which was shipped through Yanwen. The package was never opened by customs in India and it was declared as 'motherboard' even though it wasn't.

So the process appears to be that you pay a fixed and final amount on the Banggood app, and they forward from China to India with Yanwen and some company in India will collect it from customs and forward it within India on Banggood's behalf.

Order summary in the app:

photo_2023-12-13 10.21.37.jpeg

Tracking history in the app:

photo_2023-12-13 10.29.07.jpg

And Shiprocket updates:

photo_2023-12-13 10.34.32.jpeg

They handled my ebay package as well, was a hassle free experience.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231213_140019_SMS Organizer.png
    Screenshot_20231213_140019_SMS Organizer.png
    131.4 KB · Views: 55
Yeah, it's limited but they do have a Lego clone Walle-E that looks really cool. The search terms are strange from what I've seen.

The site is banggood.in, different from banggood.com

Nice, I'm going to try placing an order this week for something from China there and see how it goes.
seems banggood india has very very limited stuff.
Yeah, it's limited but they do have a Lego clone Walle-E that looks really cool. The search terms are strange from what I've seen.

The site is banggood.in, different from banggood.com

Are you staring at my screen? Because that is the first thing I searched "Building Blocks". :D

I made just one payment, $65.32 to Banggood by Paypal. This included the price of the item, shipping, and — what I didn't know or expected — customs clearance/forwarding with UShopVShip.

I never heard of UShopVShip before but from what I can put together, they're one of the companies contracted by Banggood to do customs clearance and final delivery within India. UShopVShip pasted the Shiprocket/DTDC label on top of the original shipping label from Banggood, which was shipped through Yanwen. The package was never opened by customs in India and it was declared as 'motherboard' even though it wasn't.

So the process appears to be that you pay a fixed and final amount on the Banggood app, and they forward from China to India with Yanwen and some company in India will collect it from customs and forward it within India on Banggood's behalf.

Order summary in the app:

View attachment 185285

Tracking history in the app:

View attachment 185286

And Shiprocket updates:

View attachment 185288
I can attest to this, my simgot ew200 order from linsoul also got delivered in the same manner as you said, took only 12 days. No customs as well. I am unsure if this is something that the sellers in china have arranged or if it's default for yanwen lines. There's evidence that it isn't default for yanwen lines as almost a year back, one guy ik had shipped an ipad kb? and mech keys or something using an agent that kind of supported yanwen. Took well over 50 days for it to be delivered (but no customs). However that was a year back and it was not delivered by blueddart or handled by this ushipvship.

Not limited to certain states either too, another guy ik in gujurat ordered from linsoul as well and his came within 20 days with no customs. I suppose small packages are absolutely fine. Not sure if items worth more than $100 will be scrutinised but it's still great!

Last edited:
Hi @rsaeon - I ordered this thing from Banggood and now received the below WhatsApp communication from a suspicious number by correctly mentioning the Tracking ID

IMG_20231227_124203.jpg

IMG_20231227_124141.jpg

My current BG tracking status is the same as 17track

IMG_20231227_124059.jpg

During the Pre pandemic Era I ordered countless eligible products from them and was never bothered by any custom clearance issue - Isn't that the same anymore?
To me, it looks like a SCAM in the way.......

What is your opinion?

Decided not to engage in any conversation with this and ignore it for now !

Please share your thoughts...

Last edited:
Back