Storage Solutions OCZ Vertex 4 RMA

Hi,

I happened to get a 120 GB OCZ Vertex 4 SSD last year from another T.E member, somehow the SSD stopped working one fine day, I promptly went to PrimeABGB from where it was purchased and sent it for RMA, couple of months I did not hear from them so I called them up and checked and found that they do not have stock of OCZ, couple of visits to PrimeABGB and I found that they do not have stock on OCZ, nor it is going to come, to add salt to the fact some guy named Ashok tells me that they have got Kingston V300 SSD to give to OCZ RMA users, I asked him if he would give me a credit note to which he said No, then I asked him that I wanted Samsung 840 120 GB Pro Series, he said I would need to pay Rs. 4000 more, I was like WTF, and asked him how much for the Kingston V300 120 GB SSD which he was giving for replacement, he said Rs. 7100, so I said that the Samsung 840 120 GB Pro Series was for Rs. 8400 so I just need to pay something Rs 1000+ something, he says No, they have bought the Kingston V300 SSD for OCZ users so hence I will have to pay that much, I was again like WTF, I asked him to give me back my drive which I had given for RMA, he said that he did not have it at the moment and would let me know when he had sorted it out, I just want to know what options I have, I'm planning on RMA'ing it myself, but seriously what crap, all my previous stuff I bought from PrimeABGB, but not going to anymore, their service seriously has gone to dogs! I plan to seriously screw them on the social side once I get my drive back! Seriously

Ohh crap...I too have a Vertex 4 bought from Prime/onlyssd. And was gonna buy this drive but could not agree on a payment method with the guy you bought the drive from. Ohh well hope it works out for you. Seriously though, isnt a couple of months a long tome to wait to hear from them. Any reason why you didn't contact them earlier?

Sorry dude, haven't been able to contact them due to time issues, I think I'm soon going to start RMA Services soon, pun intended. I will keep you updated

OCZ Vertex 4 was the hottest selling ssd when launched and for many months .... Until stocks & they too dissappeared from the scene.

WHY ?

btw ... I too am using a 128GB Vertex 4 - works fine

OCZ Vertex 4 was the hottest selling ssd when launched and for many months .... Until stocks & they too dissappeared from the scene.

WHY ?

btw ... I too am using a 128GB Vertex 4 - works fine

Exactly why I got it. The performance has been quite good. The reason why I am so interested in this thread is that my luck with my 'gadgetz' has been quite bad in the past few months. Wanna be prepared in case this fails.

I am also using OCZ Agilility 3 for the past one year, and have Vertx 4 256GB lying for a couple months, lazy to format and use. What I am getting to is OCZ drives are fine, disk failures can occur with any brand, not sure OCZ is being bashed.

Ok, so finally the fiasco comes to an end, to all the ppl whose drive is running properly best of luck, continuation of the above story, so they called me to return the drive, I went there and guess what, my drive is not there, he tell me he will give me another Vertex 4 same size to RMA, I tell him WTF, I already have opened a ticket with OCZ and provided them with serial no. and why does he not have my drive, I told him WTF was going on, and I wanted my drive, he then told me to wait and I left for Transcend Service Center, then I got a call from Prime that he had talked to his senior and he was ready to give me another drive, I told him I wanted Samsung 128 Pro Series, he told me that I would needed to pay 2K extra, I said ok, as I would have to spend some money if I was to RMA the OCZ myself, so I again went to Prime and collected the Samsung Pro and gave 2K. End of story, I got 6400, for OCZ

P.S.
It seems they just have received a fresh stock of 6 pieces of Samsung 128 Pro Series.

Good to know that you have everything sorted out, and finally have piece of mind. Still dont think bashing OCZ will do any good, looks like Prime is acting funny.

Back