nokia n9 and meego os

You already know nokia launched n9 with meego.I am fed up with android and looking for something outstanding and a pure linux derivative and not like the android gimmick.
will meego make a difference for people.members please tell you opinions and advises.

Yeah Me too looking for a charge, tired with SGS2 & Blackberry, Something clean & Simple. Been following this phone for the last month or so, blown away by it. Only prob is the phone is still not available in India, In Dubai its available for 32K, Waiting for its first price drop...

If you are looking for alternatives do try Web OS as well, I am impressed with the performance on my touchpad.

The HP phone though discontinued is available under 200 $ on Ebay

Sent from my LG-P500 using Tapatalk

setonfire said:
What about the gimmick part?

The most common answer to Android problems is "you need to root your phone." It's like the arguments about Linux distributions in the mid 90s. "Oh, that problem with foolib++? Your distro sucks.. you need to switch to $OTHER_DISTRO." Same thing happening with Android now. :p

I am very mucgh dissappointed with android.bugs stability and hardware overload.android is taking twice the hardware comparing with other os.ios meego etc.many important things we really want is not in android.its simply for showoff.I am saying android will go to thrash soon.

manu george said:
I am very mucgh dissappointed with android.bugs stability and hardware overload.android is taking twice the hardware comparing with other os.ios meego etc.many important things we really want is not in android.its simply for showoff.I am saying android will go to thrash soon.

iOS is only for Apple devices and meego is not even adopted properly by the very company that invested heavily in it.. NOKIA.

So till the time we have hardware phone manufacturers, they need a OS that's cheap, and ANDROID is the only answer.

I don't see this equation changing in the near future. So please explain how do you plan to send Android to thrash? ;-)

I am free today ,so a long post,yippe

N9 is a great phone,perhaps the best looking finnish phone yet(with due respect to blue N8 and Nokia 6500 classic)

But for 32k,It is seriously overpriced. Almost like a limited edition (which it actually is)

Prices should stabilize for around 25k.Never lower. Even At that prices Nokia will never have enough Phones to sell.

I actually know people, who Buy Latest N series as a fad and dont know even what maemo or meego means. I am sure they will be blown away ;) .

Android is a bloated OS ,No doubt about that. My last phone was a Motorola Defy. Previously I had used desire and thought it was a great phone. Then I demo'ed a htc win 7 phone and was aghast that at exactly the same platform how desire played spoilsport.

But saying android is to blame is like saying Crysis is/was a badly coded game (which It was ), just because many high and mighty disc graphics did not manage it well. . If you gotta have your cake and eat it too, you need a better hardware platform and worse keep upgrading it every 6 months.

What android has essentially done is benefit not only google with admob all over the place,But also chip makers like Qualcomm , TI , Nvidia who will keep on making more powerful,more power efficient and more expensive Socs that will eventually find its way into a cutting edge android 2.6 phone.

Android is a java virtual machine but many aspects are directly controlled by the kernel( display/audio/ppwer mgmt) . It needs time to mature. But most importantly it needs unification of the diverse UI we are seeing all over the place. And google please,Slow down the pace of your development.

OMAP 3630 used in both defy and N9. I thought of it as a midrange Soc . Untill I saw videos Of N9 on the tube. I collected pieces of my jaw from the floor and continued writing this post. I still remember 6 months ago when one of my mates got N8 with Galaxy on fire preinstalled. On android the game runs well only on SGX540 and above. While The Nokia does it with a 680 Mhz processor and a broadcom GPU.

The thing that actually makes android awesome is the 80% free apps/games in the market.

I love the N9 , But cant do without Inortia and Opera mini. But still for a phone that is candy enough to be eaten, if you have the moolah go for it.

p.s The phone pictured above is not mine.It is an official Nokia photo sourced from google Images. Btw nice photo.

Regards,

aka.

^^wow rocked the floor.you said it.Android is the cheapest os.I think will work frat with single core chipset and outperform any dualcore android.

^ What value have you converted really? The amount listed is 430 € for the 16GB which comes to 29K without any VAT, conversion charges or shipping costs.

The interface is soo slick ,it puts even the iPhone4 and the SGS2 to shame.Only the issue would be the meego platform which even though is said to be supported by Nokia till 2014,i doubt the n9 would be benefited.

Also the n9 shall not be available in INDIA and USA.Dunno some dumb nokia strategy.

sahib said:
The interface is soo slick ,it puts even the iPhone4 and the SGS2 to shame.Only the issue would be the meego platform which even though is said to be supported by Nokia till 2014,i doubt the n9 would be benefited.

Also the n9 shall not be available in INDIA and USA.Dunno some dumb nokia strategy.

simple strategy, use all resources only for WP7

The only thing that keeps this beauty down is the apps...

Suits more for devs and those who seeks only the best design

Come on nokia, give us sea ray...

Sent from my iPad 2(3G) using Tapatalk

Back