WP Nokia Lumia 920 - Discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am really worried about the weight. 185gms is too much for me (especially compared to Focus) :(
For this reason and lack of expandable memory I might go for Lumia 820 or Ativ S (2300mAh battery is tempting). But then I want that Pureview with OIS! Really confused! Waiting eagerly for reviews!

Just because there is a certain buzz over the device Nokia would be committing suicide by pricing this device at 45K. The market for Windows Phone is at the nascent stage and Nokia needs market share and sales more than anything at this point of time.

Just because there is a certain buzz over the device Nokia would be committing suicide by pricing this device at 45K. The market for Windows Phone is at the nascent stage and Nokia needs market share and sales more than anything at this point of time.

Yes, but somebody tell that to nokia!

The phone has to be priced below iPhone 5 because from a general person's perspective (outside our forums and all), iPhone comes in premium segment and anything which is priced above or similar will fail because outside the tech forums, most people don't know the specs in detail and wouldn't care about how good 920's camera is compared to something else or what features one phone has and what is missing.

Nokia has an old habit of pricing their flagship phones at exorbitant rates. Give it couple of months & it should be down by at least 10-15% than its launch price.

So this is what it costs?

The India launch date and price is still a mystery, but the device is expected to launch SIM-free in Germany for Euro 600 (Rs. 42,000 approx.). The Lumia 820, which is Nokia’s mid range Windows Phone 8 device, will be priced at Euro 450 (Rs. 32,000 approx.) for the SIM-free version. The smartphones are expected to hit store shelves in November.

-- Disaster!!

^ What disaster?

Are you aware of the usual prices of smartphones in Europe?

Germany and Italy have the most expensive prices - as an example, the 32GB iPhone 5 costs around $1100 in Italy and $1000 in Germany.

http://store.apple.com/de/browse/home/shop_iphone/family/iphone/iphone5 - Euro 789
http://store.apple.com/it/browse/home/shop_iphone/family/iphone/iphone5 - Euro 839

I'm not saying it won't be expensive in India, but I would suggest you wait for an official announcement - at least for the US unlocked prices.

If Nokia could price it aggressively for different markets, it should help them to regain a lot of lost consumers.

Hardware is good with the Adreno 225 but if its below 30K will it make sense since S3 is available locally for around 29.5K...

Nokia has to and will introduce its phones at prices acceptable in the current market. Having said that there are 2 important factors. You are not just buying a nokia, you an buying the platform; windows 8. Nokia, after taking a beating by Samsung, would ideally use penetration pricing; ~35K. Then again you are buying Windows 8, which typically should be marketed at a premium price (considering the big launch).

These factors kinda negate each other.

I predict it would launch at ~40K, reviews will deem the phone good but not great. By the end of November when the phone is readily available it would drop to ~37K. The early adopter buy. By around Feb when you have a flurry of Windows 8 phones to be launched, prices would stabilize at ~34K. By June we should see it hovering around 30-32K.

- - - Updated - - -

I believe some Zune software is to be used (similar to iTunes for iDevices). Correct me if i am wrong.
With Windows 8 releasing, i suspect it would connect to windows PC's without any software.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back