nokia lumia 710 and Airtel's offer is big cheating.

grewal630

Disciple
Hello friends , I bought new a nokia lumia 710 and already have 6 years old postpaid airtel connection. According to Nokia's web site page it has airtel offer.The same is on airtel's site

"http://www.airtel.in...0+3g+data+offer

It says "Free 2GB 3G data per month for 4 months. Available to Prepaid as well as Postpaid customers".So I got 2GB data offer for 4 months.. for free...But there is a hidden cheap game plan by Airtel. I got a SMS after 3 days that says " YOUR AIRTEL MOBILE USAGE OF RS 4979 EXCEEDS YOUR CREDIT LIMIT OF Rs 2000. KINDLY MAKE A PAYMENT FOR Rs 4400 IN THE NEXT 6 HOURS TO ENJOY CONTINUED SERVICES." I called the customer care which says thats this is your unbilled amount without any offer and it would be adjusted when bill is generated.But now my there is no outgoing as well data connectivity avaliable on my connection and the customercare says that you have to make payment of Rs 4400 which would be adjusted when the bill generates. My monthly bill is around Rs 200 and it takes around two years to get adjusted.What thats mean ....I have to pay for free service and pay in advance . Is it a fair practice by Airtel.

Unbilled amount is not = final bill. When bill comes out all offers will be applied and sent out to you. This is is what it was when i was with failtel.

People using f@iltel keep bragging about signal & call clarity but who needs those when the company just plainly cheats the customer at every opportunity.

Yup, ask them to increase your credit limit. You might face the same problem next month as well.

The same method is being used by Vodafone too. The discounts and offers get applied only at the time of billing.

Ask them to increase your credit limit

Worst case scenario is they will ask you to pay a refundable security deposit

this is best way out and another trick is to put port out sms.

that solves 90% problems.

and yes they do adjust it in billl date.

also cut off all data services or subscribe for mobile office.99 rs for 2 gb EDGE.

Postpaid sucks! I don't know why people fall for it? With full talktime recharge available there are no rentals at all. I have seen around a dozen such cases around me, spread across all major carriers.

I would suggest you shift to prepaid. Coz in pre-paid no one comes demanding you for money. Ever! Free yourself.

Apart from the rather loud words above, I would also say as Agantuk has mentioned to contact the Nodal officer and higher up

Vodafone also did the same to me, but at the end of bill cycle they simple rejected saying that no offer was available in my SIM. I didn't pay my bill for 2 months and post which they even sent a court order.. I cancelled their connection and won't go back in the near future..

So exercise caution and don't use any data for the rest of the month.. If they revert back the charges and send a proper bill, then start using the 3GB for next 3 months..

Just my 2 cents..

Even I am facing the same issue. Are you still using the 3G services. As of now, my connections are running. Please update us with what did the Nodal officer comment on this issue and how was is it resolved. TIA.

report to nokia, and airtel

if things still dont the way you want, threaten them that you'll report them to the consumer court
<

it works most of the time.

Back