Graphic Cards No video after installing new graphics card!! :(

Shubhodip

Disciple
Hi guys,
I'm in a big trouble. Today I bought a sapphire 4670 512 mb gddr3 graphics card from starcomp infotech in Kolkata. When I plugged in the video card there was only a black screen showing. But the beeps,hard disk noise and everything else happened.But there was nothing on the screen and the monitor blinked only. And when I switched to onboard video and the old graphics card they worked fine. I have uninstalled the previous drivers.
And strangely when the graphics card is pluged in and I'm working on onboard video the fan of the graphics card is rotating but when I'm connecting the graphics card to the monitor the fan doesnt rotate any more.
I'm too angry as I had saved up for this card for a long time.
Please tell me what to do. I've tried every method in the internet for similar problem. Here's my pc config
AMD athlon 64 x2 3800+ (2 ghz)
2*512 ram
Asus M2N-MX motherboard
400 w generic PSU (the shopkeeper said it would work fine)
Help from you people is what I need most right now!!

Switch back to your onboard and change the video priority in your BIOS... it must be set to "IGD" right now... change it to "PEG/IGD" or "PEG/PCI".

it seems that the PSU(SMPS) has not enough pwer to drive your new VGA card. plz checke the same ASAP,else remove the card from the PC and keep safely.This kind iof power testing may damage the card in a little manner.

Try to test the same with your friends PC with a good branded PSU of 400W>..

plz post here your test.....

i had the same problem when i bought a 8600GT on a similar config. Reset the CMOS, or remove it, start the pc once... shut it down and put it back again. Now insert the card, you are good to go.... this is exactly what i did. Dont know if i am right but it worked for me.

@gamingstill: I don't think it's his cable problem... If I'm not wrong, I think he might be using the same cable that he is using for his onboard, unless of-course he is using DVI cable for the new card.

@OP: I'm beginning to think it could be your PSU. Although 4670 should be fine with 400w PSU, I think it is possible that your generic PSU might be showing it's age. Do try borrowing a better PSU from your friend to investigate further. If your card's fan is working when connected, but if it's stopping when you connect the cable, it's quite possible that your PSU is keeping up with your system.

It costed 3.8k and its running fine on my PSU. But I'll upgrade my PSU very soon as I dont want to take any risk. My old gpu got partially burned because of some reason so no risks any more.

Back