Nexus One Owners Thread (dont we need one?)

AMDfreak

Disciple
I know there are very few of us, but shouldn't we have a separate thread for any queries or suggestion with regard to this phone?

And also to discuss about the Mod ROMs, market scene and everything else concerned with phone...I am getting my N1 this weekend , probably running CM 5.0.6 Mod:clap:...

Anyways, i just want a feedback from all the nexus one users on TE...I know some were very impatient with theirs and had a lot of misgivings towards this mob!...

So i thought it would be nice to know all the Highs and Lows from the users, the settings for GPRS,MMS, the best apps and everything else under one roof(thread)

Request to Mods to make this a sticky thread...:eek:hyeah:

Nexus One Airtel GPRS Settings- Courtesy justin

http://www.techenclave.com/mobile-phones/nexus-one-settings-for-airtel-mms-160609.html

Vodaphone Settings

http://www.techenclave.com/mobile-phones/nexus-one-gprs-edge-settings-vodafone-159019-2.html

So, i finally got my N1...
Rooted it...
Some of the apps which are must haves & I use-

Advanced Task Killer ( best app to kill/end unwanted apps running in the background )
MortMusicPlayer (good music player;better than the stock player)
App Lock ( great app to lock any app in your N1; eg-SMS,Gallery,Settings)
PicSay ( an app to add effects-funny and good ones to your pictures )
RingDroid ( allows you to cut any music track and use it as your Ringtone )
Google Sky ( plots all the stars and stuff- optnl )
Places Directory- shows gas stations,restaurants around your locality )

( Testing Lookout & Prey phone tracking softwares- any of you N1 users came across any good phone tracker app? )

Games :D
1. RoboDefense ( one hell of an addictive game, you build towers and try to kill enemies- play this for about 3 hrs a day _
2.Doodle Jump ( another good game, but its a bit tricky )
3. Labyrinth Lite
4.Air Attack ( an easy yet a good game to kill time )
5. TicTacToe
6. Falling Ball ( a tough game but very hilarious:eek:hyeah:)

Got the Mail App configured for Y!Mail...If you guys need help with this do ask!

Lastly, The only sad thing about the phone is it the battery life...I get a day at the max
( 2G, Sync off, Manual Adjustment of Brightness{on the 1st screen to the right}, live wallpapers off (normal wallpapers look great on this screen) )

Any queries which u guys have please post-up :)

The sound quality isn't as good as the iPhone but it doesnt mean its bad...The MortMusicplayer app is better than the stock player and listening to music is better on this...Speaker quality isn't as good as an N95's or something but decent enough :)...

yeah! finally!

I have a lot to say about the N1.

couldn't find the time to write..

but now I will..

BTW, try using this music player called "3"

its awesome!

mmm okay; will check it out...Do help me to put up a good enough N1 database for other users...

EDIT : din find that app at market place :|

I personally found the sound off the speakers very low for both music and ringtones. Have not tested it with IEM though.

Sound quality is bad.

Rest My battery life reaches upto 2 days.

With moderate wifi usage + normal cell phone usage.

I guess you can force it to use only 2G network, not sure if this is valid for India though.

I am sure with Gingerbread a lot of hardware improvements will come up.

Eagerly waiting for Gingerbread.:)

AMDfreak said:
The sound quality isn't as good as the iPhone but it doesnt mean its bad...The MortMusicplayer app is better than the stock player and listening to music is better on this...Speaker quality isn't as good as an N95's or something but decent enough :)...

i do not understand what made you say this but the sound quality is much much better than the IPHONE, not in terms of volume level.

had an IPhone 3G for almost a year & now having N1 for almost a month, excellent piece of gadget.

malhotraraul said:
i do not understand what made you say this but the sound quality is much much better than the IPHONE, not in terms of volume level.

had an IPhone 3G for almost a year & now having N1 for almost a month, excellent piece of gadget.

:S well i had an iPhone for about 6months and IMHO Music on an iPhone is much better than on the N1...

ANd guys please start posting up the apps that u guys use:clap::cool2:

I sold my Nexus One a while back, my impressions

- Sound from built in speakers is bad, but that is not due to the volume, but rather the location of the speakers. Once you get your headphones on, it is more than adequate

- Used mVideoPlayer for video playback. Supports srt for subtitles, keeps track of last position for all videos. Much better than the stock gallery app

- The thing that I miss most is the speed. My 1G ipod touch which was adequate earlier, seems so much slower after using the N1

- I wish it had a dedicated camera button on the side. I found the onscreen/trackball to be a pain to use

Back