Password:

Server:

MMSC:

MMS Proxy:

MMS Pert:

MCC: 404

MNC:20

APN type : default

Hey tried what you said @ Konquerror ....and now the edge logo comes on my phone but when i try to open a webpage or start browsing it doesnt opens ...anything else i should do ...

dineshnadar said:
you said APN type : default ...so in my APN it was blank so do i have to type default or have to leave it blank ....and first it was coming nothing but after entering your settings in APN my edge logo is apperaing near signal bar ....what else should i try to start web browsing ....and if it gets started then can i use gmail,gtalk and all services in my google nexus one !! do help thnkx !

Yes...type default there...also...in browser see if there is any option for proxy..if it is there then give proxy type as HTTP and enter proxy as below

Proxy: 10.10.1.100
Port: 9401

for vodafone live -- portalnmms

for vodafone mobile connect -- www

rest all settings to default values.

These settings i use for my iphone and they work like charm!

Hey tried what you said , but there is no setting for proxy in browser and in my APN settings even if i try somthing else changing the proxy or port the edge logo goes away ...i hve currently on your setting which you said i can see the edge logo but cn't browse anything :( i am almost closer more help would be thankful

and @ paddydevil if i use www then my edge logo goes away

dump............

dinesh you have to 1st subscribe to vodafone mobile connect.

charges 199/100mb one month

after that 5p/10kb.

after successful activation, enter apn as www and then i think it will solve your problem.

cos on my iphone i see "e" continuously. donno about nexus. but give it a try.

dineshnadar said:
Hey tried what you said , but there is no setting for proxy in browser and in my APN settings even if i try somthing else changing the proxy or port the edge logo goes away ...i hve currently on your setting which you said i can see the edge logo but cn't browse anything :( i am almost closer more help would be thankful

and @ paddydevil if i use www then my edge logo goes away

dump............

You should use for portalnmms APN only...check if you have activated vodafone live...

To activate:
- Postpaid customers: SMS ACT VL to 111 (toll free)
- Prepaid customers: SMS ACT VL to 144 (toll free)

It should work...

Wow it worked now , i had never activated vodafone live it was deactivated lolzzz ...i sent the sms and my VL got activated and after that i was able to browse the internet ....thnkx very much !!! lolzz did everything but 4gt to do what i must have done first hehehe !!! thnkx

Konquerror

paddydevil

Hey folks. I recently switched from Nokia to a Nexus One. I already had a pay as you go GPRS plan of 10 paisa per 10KB. I tried setting up my GPRS on the device by discussing it with the customer service. One guy told me that on an Android phone there is a possibility that I would not be able to use my standard plan.I set up my Access Point manually and the E icon shows up on the status bar but when I try to use the browser, it does not load the page.

@ dineshnadar Can you tell me whether your GPRS was activated after you got the Nexus One or were you using it before as well? I already am registered for Vodafone Live & I was using it before on my N73. Do I still have to send the SMS for activating it?

@ Konquerror Can I use the Edge service on the nexus one or do I have to switch to Vodafone Mobile Connect?

I would appreciate any help folks:)

No my VL was not activated first when tried with the settings same here i got the edge logo but was not able to browse anything then i found that Vodafone live was not activated on my cell as i activated it i was able to use the EDGE service on my cell.

Use the settings what Konquerror as posted above and it will work 100%

^^Keep a track of your usage as the charges are a bit on the higher side! Especially with such phones, its very easy to download a lot of content without you even realizing!

dineshnadar said:
No my VL was not activated first when tried with the settings same here i got the edge logo but was not able to browse anything then i found that Vodafone live was not activated on my cell as i activated it i was able to use the EDGE service on my cell.
Use the settings what Konquerror as posted above and it will work 100%

Well mate I tried exactly what you did & it does show me the Edge Logo but when I open the browser it cannot load any site.By the way my Vodafone Live was already active on my previous phone but I sent ACT VL 111 as I have a postpaid connection.I got a reply that the Vodafone Live is registered.I went to a vodafone store in Inorbit again.I was told by a rep there that as the phone is not released in India yet they cannot do anything apart from the manual settings?

I have tried all the steps mentioned above mate.Not sure what I need to do.

y2jamit said:
Well mate I tried exactly what you did & it does show me the Edge Logo but when I open the browser it cannot load any site.By the way my Vodafone Live was already active on my previous phone but I sent ACT VL 111 as I have a postpaid connection.I got a reply that the Vodafone Live is registered.I went to a vodafone store in Inorbit again.I was told by a rep there that as the phone is not released in India yet they cannot do anything apart from the manual settings?

I have tried all the steps mentioned above mate.Not sure what I need to do.

I have the same issue - did the settings as described for vodafone live, and activated it as well. I get the "E" at the top but browsing does not work. Would be grateful for any ideas. am based in mumbai.

I went to the Vodafone Customer Care in Hypercity once again. I spoke with a very helpful guy. He tried various settings for the Vodafone Live but we couldn't get it working. So finally he advised me to go for Vodafone Mobile Connect. He assured me that if it doesn't work & there is no data usage, he will certainly refund the money.

He gave me all the settings for Vodafone Mobile Connect & told me that after about 1 or 2 hours I will get an sms informing me that the service is active & then I have to reboot the phone. I waited for about 2 hours but did not get any sms. So I just rebooted the phone & low behold I got an sms telling me that the service is active.:hap2:

In the morning I had tried the Wi-fi connection at Oberoi mall & so the phone automatically logged me in my email account & I got an email notification as well.:clap:

I`am so damn relieved. The connection works like magic on the phone and it brings out its true potential. By the way I opted for the Rs.499 monthly rental plan where you get 500 MB free & after that it is 5 Paisa per 10 KB.

As soon as I got the connection I did the system update & got the multi touch (or pinch to zoom) working.:eek:hyeah:

I`am absolutely loving my Nexus One. I hope this helps you fishy:)

Superb, I got vodafone mobile connect and it worked!

thanks y2jamit!!

For others who need them, these are the settings I used (which I found on the google nexus one forums). The rest of the settings I did not change at all.

Name = Hutch_www
APN = www
MCC = 404
MNC = 20
APN Type = default [you need to type in "default"]

Back