Nexus 4 from Australia

deepanshuchg

Disciple
My friend will be coming from Australia in 2 month so i thought of getting a Nexus 4 from Australia but have few doubt:

1. How much will it cost to him in AUD?
2. Does the price u told inclusive of tax? if not how much tax will be included?
3. If he opens up the box and bring the mobile in his pocket with the mobile box in his bag.. custom duty will apply? as the phone will luk brand new?

I read some where that it costs 349 and 399 AUD for 8gb and 16 gb models i.e 50 AUD more than us price. But for above 300 AUD he can claim GST which is roughly 7% if mobile recept is in his name(should match with passport name). He can submit it in Airport GST counter(australia)
Secondly if he keeps in his pocket then it should not be a problem. But if he is having 2-3 high end phone then customs may ask to pay and he needs to convince or bargain.

I read some where that it costs 349 and 399 AUD for 8gb and 16 gb models i.e 50 AUD more than us price. But for above 300 AUD he can claim GST which is roughly 7% if mobile recept is in his name(should match with passport name). He can submit it in Airport GST counter(australia)
Secondly if he keeps in his pocket then it should not be a problem. But if he is having 2-3 high end phone then customs may ask to pay and he needs to convince or bargain.
What exactly is GST? and for claiming it box shud be sealed?
And in Australia is nexus available for pre-order ?

Dont know about preorder of nexus phone and its availability
GST is tax they levy on each item. They will check the serial no and receipt of the item. Box should be there or not i dont remember. No need of it to be sealed.

Its like you paid the tax for the item but you are going back.. so technically you no need to pay tax as u r not staying there. so you can claim the GST. The billing date should be less than the month of travel and also the amount should be greater than 300 aud to qualify for refund. search gst claim in australia

Back