Storage Solutions New SSD, old Mobo

thawfu666

Adept
I have an Intel DG41RQ motherboard, which is almost 5 years old. I thought of buying an SSD to speed things up, and hence got an ADATA 64GB SSD. But my computer is not detecting the new SSD. The manual said to go to my BIOS and change the AHCI settings. Unfortunately, I don't have settings like that at all. Please tell me of a solution for this. I don't want my SSD to go to waste, nor do I want to spend another 10k for a motherboard. Please help me.

AHCI is recommended for SSDs to work optimally, but its not essential. Is the SSD not being listed in your BIOS? SSDs are usually not formatted so they will not show up in windows explorer; you will need to check Windows Disk Management.

Post some screenshots of the BIOS > Advanced > Drive configuration. Make sure your BIOS is updated as well.

Can you confirm is it ICH7 chipset ?
AFAIK minimum Sata2 speeds required on the controller to support latest SSD
Specify SSD model

I got it now ... :) At first, the SSD was not recognized by the BIOS, due to faulty SATA data cable... But bought a new one yesterday, and now it just works fine ... :) But the transfer speeds are somewhat comparable to a HDD ... :) Anyways thanks again for all your support! :) Even though I had solved it, you had instantly turned up for my request. Thanks again! :)

Back