Laptops New laptop battery not charging after 100% discharge

jumbo5

Adept
laptop = compaq 3070 (3yrs old)

Battery -

28uo0vd.jpg

at first, the battery discharged, then after sometime again started recharging.
the 2nd time it discharged completely, it is not recharging now,the taskbar icon is showing ON 'AC POWER'.

queries -

1.what is 4 cell/6cell battery?

2.y does it discharge 100% even though WHEN MY LAPPY is on ac power?

3.do i need to install drivers?if so pls give link?
pls help.

its time to replace your battery, always buy the original, and never invest in replicas sold as originals on ebay india (and few dealers ).the 6cell/8cell/9cell etc are the numer of cells on the battery pack, the more the cells the more it can hold the charge !.(so more backup time).Normally a lap battery lasts to 2.3 years.

there is no software issues or drivers related to battery.

please do one thing!

turn off your lap.,remove batt ,wait for 10 mints, reinsert the battery and check the status on windows.

amd999 said:
its time to replace your battery, always buy the original, and never invest in replicas sold as originals on ebay india (and few dealers ).the 6cell/8cell/9cell etc are the numer of cells on the battery pack, the more the cells the more it can hold the charge !.(so more backup time).Normally a lap battery lasts to 2.3 years.

please do one thing!

turn off your lap.,remove batt ,wait for 10 mints, reinsert the battery and check the status on windows.

k, i'll reply in 15mins

amd999 said:

please do one thing!

thanx,it worked.

but, my q is that y does it get discharged completely in the 1st place?

& do i have to remove & insert the battery everytime to recharge?if so y?
y cant i parallely recharge when batt is on ac power?

thanx,it worked.

but, my q is that y does it get discharged completely in the 1st place?

& do i have to remove & insert the battery everytime to recharge?if so y?
y cant i parallely recharge when batt is on ac power?

pls reply.

Back