New Broadband Connection Help Required - Chennai

Hi Guys

I was previously using BSNL combo 500 plan. Speed were very good (constant 1.75 mbps) and used to download 4 GB per night. But sadly i have to change the place.

I dont how the BSNL speeds will be in my new place (velachery) :S . I am planning to get BSNL combo 500+ plan (600 Rent). I want to know other competitive offers in the same price range (MAX 750/m).
I am very much used to that 2 Mbps speed. So I need a decent speed connection with unlimited or limited (need 2.5 GB free) with night unlimited.

Any suggestions Guys (Zylog doesn't offer in my area). Open to both wired and wireless plans.

Thanks

^^That plan is only good if you are browsing an hour a day and downloading at night.Otherwise it sucks,when i had that plan i used to pay not less than 2K a month.

So,just switched to UL750Plus which sucks in speed but i can be online or play games online 24/7.

flamesofdeath27 said:
^^That plan is only good if you are browsing an hour a day and downloading at night.Otherwise it sucks,when i had that plan i used to pay not less than 2K a month.
So,just switched to UL750Plus which sucks in speed but i can be online or play games online 24/7.

Does BSNL Unlimited has FU(CK)P..

satyanjoy said:
hmm..can I view youtube directly at this speed ?

Normal quality videos (Video conference quality) can be viewed directly. DVD quality will take some mins to load (for shutter free viewing you need min 512 Kbps recommended 768 kbps). HD videos will take more time (For shutter free viewing you need min 2mbps).

SenthilAnandh said:
Normal quality videos (Video conference quality) can be viewed directly. DVD quality will take some mins to load (for shutter free viewing you need min 512 Kbps recommended 768 kbps). HD videos will take more time (For shutter free viewing you need min 2mbps).

I beg to differ on this.

I have 256kbps line from BSNL. yotube video playback on it is quite jerky. It takes 5-7seconds to buffer and then plays for 2-3seconds. then buffering starts again. this goes on & on and same cycle is repeated until full video is downloaded. so you have let the whole video download and then start playing to get a continuous video playback.

You will atleast need 512kbps to get smooth playback for youtube videos.

hmm...I am staying here in OMR,chennai and the only option I have is photon+ or reliance wireless- I tried both but seriouslly lack the download quota- only 10gb for 1100 in both cases (almost same amount and speed).speed are good mostyl, i can view normal youtube video without any buffering.getting bsnl will be difficult for me as I am staying in a pg kind of setup ..feel trapped

satyanjoy said:
hmm..can I view youtube directly at this speed ?

The answer is no.

It takes a few seconds to buffer but you can always pause it and watch after a while.

You seem to prefer an 'unlimited' plan, so for around 750 bucks, a 256Kbps connection is your only option.

foruamit2004 said:
^^^ What about tata wimax? I guess it is pretty much available everywhere. If no other option then Tata is also good :p
Need to check this out.
thetoxicmind said:
The answer is no.
It takes a few seconds to buffer but you can always pause it and watch after a while.

You seem to prefer an 'unlimited' plan, so for around 750 bucks, a 256Kbps connection is your only option.

yeah..I always prefer unlimited..the plan u mentioned is from airtel ?

Back