NETGEAR WGR614v9 problem part2

sachin1

Disciple
hi techmates!
earlier i had asked how install this netgear on my pc ,which i did successfullly !

I have a dell inspiron 1525 with windows vista installed and a desktop with xp installed .my desktop is installed with netgear wgr614v9 now i wonna run internet on my laptop through wifi.
my laptop detects the network .:eek:hyeah:
when i proceed with setting up the connection a keyphrase is asked which i already know .after entering the keyphrase it tries to establish a connection but unfortunately it fails.:(
what can be the problem??
the network problem between xp & vista ???

Try other security methods, such as WPA-PSK or WPA2-PSK. I prefer PSK rather than WEP and that stupid long hex keys. for PSK you can keep a 8char+ string just like normal passwords.

If the problem persists, do a hard reset on the router ( normally by pressing some button in the back) refer to the manual on how to do it.

Dlink has some very good ones, same with Netgear, if you dont have a very big house, and use windows only, almost any model should work fine for you!

axeman said:
Dlink has some very good ones, same with Netgear, if you dont have a very big house, and use windows only, almost any model should work fine for you!

that's the problem mate.! having a house with 5 bed rooms !:S

the distance between the router and the wifi adapter is approx 30 metres

how many walls in between that 30 meters? 30m should be possible with a dedicated wifi access point being used. what are u using? model?

Back