Needed Advice for Iphone 3gs

kingkaran

Disciple
hi guys,

i m a noob in mobile stuff never used big named phones would u plz

help me here ... my frnd is living in u.k n is coming india soon . he told me he can get a iphone 3gs 16gb under contract with AT&T . should i buy that phone from him ? . Is it unlockable with indian networks ..?? If it can be unlocked is thr is something i can tell him to remember or some cautions ( as i gone through the several forums n found out that it can be unlocked on baseband ver. 5.11.07 only how can he check that on phone ??

Do post back when you get the info.

In general does anyone know if we can get a phone with contract (hence cheaper) and then just 'jailbreak' it and use it another country?

Wouldn't the person who gets it have to pay the penalty (the actual phone price)? OR is it that they only do this with phones that have completed the contract period?

^^ For under-contract phones, you can pay something known as ETF (Early Termination Fees) and scrap the contract. The amount depends on the operator, the phone model and the time that has elapsed into the contract so far.

friend coming from UK... but the phone is under a contract with AT&T??? :eek:hyeah:

also, the phone should be on Software Version 3.1.2 with baseband 05.11.07

if its 3.1.3 and baseband more than above, then it won't be unlockable as of now.

Consider yourself lucky if your friend gets a new one under contract on Software Version 3.1.2 with baseband 05.11.07 !!!

Back