Need to buy cable for 2.1A rated charger

Yes it does. It gives constant 1800mAh current. The original samsung cable supplied less and less current as time went by. Thats why I had to discard it. There is a 2m cable too from Bandridge with model no. 4902. My nephew uses it but the current is only 1400mAh. Maybe he got a bad piece. If you can do with a 1m cable, go for the one in my link. If you absolutely need a 2m cable go for 4902.

Yes it does. It gives constant 1800mAh current. The original samsung cable supplied less and less current as time went by. Thats why I had to discard it. There is a 2m cable too from Bandridge with model no. 4902. My nephew uses it but the current is only 1400mAh. Maybe he got a bad piece. If you can do with a 1m cable, go for the one in my link. If you absolutely need a 2m cable go for 4902.
The unit mAh denotes battery capacity. For current, the unit is amperes(A).
Lengthier cables have higher impedance and hence current through it is lower. I will search for the Bandridge cables now. Let me see if I can get it cheaper somewhere.

^ I am looking for exactly the same too, a microUSB 24/28 fast charging cable.
Please do update here if you find a good one. I am looking at eBay.com & AliExpress, will take a month to reach here, but at least a good ones may be available.

Some people have mentioned that this is fast charging their phone(in the reviews) - not sure if it is vaild for chargers above 1.8A though - Snapdeal Link

^ I am looking for exactly the same too, a microUSB 24/28 fast charging cable.
Please do update here if you find a good one. I am looking at eBay.com & AliExpress, will take a month to reach here, but at least a good ones may be available.

Some people have mentioned that this is fast charging their phone(in the reviews) - not sure if it is vaild for chargers above 1.8A though - Snapdeal Link
I don't trust these n00bish reviews on Flipkart/Snapdeal.
Bandridge seems a bit too costly. Will buy the Blackberry cable again from the link provided by SoulFire

The unit mAh denotes battery capacity. For current, the unit is amperes(A).
Lengthier cables have higher impedance and hence current through it is lower. I will search for the Bandridge cables now. Let me see if I can get it cheaper somewhere.
I stand corrected. It is indeed 1800mA.
Bandridge cables are worth their price. I have previously used cheap cables bought on ebay. They supply less and less current as days go by. While the Bandridge one is still supplying full current even after a month and a half of use. The phone charges to 100% from 15 - 20% in approx 2.5 hours.

I stand corrected. It is indeed 1800mA.
Bandridge cables are worth their price. I have previously used cheap cables bought on ebay. They supply less and less current as days go by. While the Bandridge one is still supplying full current even after a month and a half of use. The phone charges to 100% from 15 - 20% in approx 2.5 hours.
Your charger is rated at 1.8A ?

sorry didnt read this before, check with your office post why didnt u get these.

i have tried bandridge cables, the teeth that hook onto the phone are not good and broke soon. the cable however is of very good quality.

The BB cable is what has lasted thru time for me.

sorry didnt read this before, check with your office post why didnt u get these.

i have tried bandridge cables, the teeth that hook onto the phone are not good and broke soon. the cable however is of very good quality.

The BB cable is what has lasted thru time for me.
Ordered another BB cable to my house. Let's see when I get it.

I got the cable that I ordered to my home address. I did some testing with my Nexus 7 2012 and its official charger.

Charger + cable supplied with charger
Time = 30 min
Initial battery percentage = 45%
Final battery percentage = 65%

Charger + cable bought from eBay
Time = 30 min
Initial battery percentage = 46%
Final battery percentage = 65%

So in comparison these are very very similar. No issues with heating or any other problem. The 3rd party cable is much much better in quality compared to the flimsy cable supplied with the Nexus 7.
@SoulFire Thank you for suggesting this cable.
@vivek.krishnan Thank you for directing SoulFire to this thread.

Link - http://stores.ebay.com/londonmagicstore-Canada/_i.html?_nkw=BLACKBERRY ASY-31296-003 MICRO USB&submit=Search&_sid=1087369466

http://www.flipkart.com/sony-cp-ad2-usb-ac-adaptor/p/itmdt3ugd239hmem?pid=ACCDP5RNVZHH3QX3&otracker=from-search&srno=t_4&query=sony 2.1 charger&ref=7d4b7ee9-3b64-44a4-8540-0b36dc2c0768

Comes with a short cable which supports 2.1a, longer cables take more time to charge in my experience.

Also your phone should support charging with a 2.1a rated charger, otherwise it will only draw how much ever amperage it can. I'm on a nexus 5, by default it does not draw 2.1a from the charger. But once rooted and a custom kernel is flashed, it draws 2.1a and charges much much faster.

Back