Need to buy an Android- Spica|Liquid|Legend

vortex_mak

Disciple
Hi,

I want to buy a low priced Android phone. I was looking at Galaxy Spica but it is very difficult to find.
Does anyone know of any shop in Bangalore/Delhi where I can get it?

I5800 is coming but its a lower res screen which is a definite no-no as it will cause problems with apps as well as less screen real estate for videos etc.. same goes for Tattoo, XPeria mini

If not, I would have to increase my budget for Legend or Acer Liquid .

What is the market cost of these two phones?
Any other suggestions?

Thanks

Whatever u do, try to avoid Acer phones.

My friends have had horrible experiences with service & build quality & the resale value falls southwards by the minute.....

I would suggest u check out the Moto Milestone or wait for the HTC Desire.....

If u don't mind grey market ones, the Desire or the Nexus One is ur best bet.....

Your call....

Thanks for the advice. Would have really liked Acer Liquid as the reviews are good.

Grey market means without warranty right ?

Are Desire & Nexus One available in the grey market ? any idea about the price ?

Milestone is 27k... out of my reach.

Thanks

Yes, Desire & Nexus One are available in the grey. And Grey = Without Warranty.

But even the desire & N1 are priced at ~27k....... :(

Milestone comes for 25.6k with bill/warranty on ebay here: eBay India: New Motorola Milestone 3G,Anaroid Mobile with MFG Warnt (item 280530711272 end time 14-Jul-2010 08:05:00 IST)

Legend comes for 21.8k without bill/warranty on ebay here: eBay India: Brand New HTC Legend A6363 with 1 Year Dealer Warranty (item 160452824010 end time 14-Jul-2010 08:00:00 IST)

Desire comes for 27.5k without bill/warranty on ebay here: eBay India: New HTC Desire Mobile Phone 5 MP Cam, Google Android OS (item 160452852364 end time 14-Jul-2010 09:30:00 IST)

Legend & Desire (above) come with the seller warranty which is as good as not having a warranty.

Your Call.....

EDIT: Actual market prices of the phones might be lower than those in above links. The above links are the deals of the week on ebay.

no for Acer Liquid coz:

1) still on 1.6

2) just 256MB RAM

3) low talktime.

Spica is definitely no more available. btw, what's your budget.

i was going in for Liquid as 2.1 ROMs are available for Acer Liquid pinched from Acer Liquid E, plus the hardware specs are closer to Nexus Range. 256 MB ram is not much of a problem as SPICA had only 128 Mb.

I was originally going in for a SPICA as its 13k, for decent specs will buy it if I find one. Id prefer not having to spend more money... 21k for Legend|Liquid is still quite high but I may be able to stretch till there, definately not 27k for the likes of milestone|nexus|galaxy s

Tatoo, Xperia X10 mini are available for <=15k . Samsung i5800 is also coming up to replace spica but its a step back as all these devices have a lower res screen which will cause compatibility problems with apps and small screens are not really worth it.

Samsung Wave is 17k for hardware equal to Galaxy S but it has Bada OS which may turn out to be a dud.

Galaxy i7500 is still available even though it was launched before the SPICA, samsung is playing dirty.. and they didnt upgrade it to 2.1.

Guess my only choices are Legend|Liquid| i7500 (if possible to upgrade to 2.1)

I primarily need a smarphone with above avg music quality/ video playback capability plus all the standard android sync and app features. I dont care much about AMOLED and camera

Thanks

Acer liquid is a nice phone! With specs comparable to that of N1 (except for 256 MB RAM)! There is already an official 2.1 ROM for liquid plus it has a big community following and lots of custom ROMs. But I wouldnt spend 23k on it! Spend a bit more and get Desire or N1 (512 MB RAM)!

Hmm... seems you are right... Acer etc cant be trusted with quality. Samsung will definately push its Bada phones relegating Android to the higher end, plus its support for its phones is dubious.

The Legend seems awesome for 24k , Desire is not yet officially available, when it launches it will be above 31k, without bill is available at 29k. Sadly, I cant bring myself to spending this much :(

Seems SPICA is the only bet, 12k is too attractive for such a featured phone... The only disadvantage seems that it wont be updated to Android 2.2 FroYo, but I can live with that. With any luck, a custom ROM will come out for upgrading to Froyo.

Does anyone have any idea about the difference in music quality between SPICA and Legend ? I am looking for a music player in the phone as well but wont buy a dedicated music player. I dont want perfect audio quality but it should not sound bad .. the quality should be on par with Xpressmusic

Thanks guys..

Back