Budget 21-30k Need to build Home PC (+Future Gaming)

Tom Sawyerer

Recruit
Hello guys, this is the first time in this forum. Kindly help me in assembling a desktop with below mentioned requirements.
  1. What is your budget?
  2. What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)
  3. Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)
  4. Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.
    • CPU - Intel i5 - preferably 4th gen
    • Motherboard - any compatible motherboard
    • GPU - No GPU for now (adding it later to play latest games)
    • PSU - Best Power Supply Units (need suggestion as to buy modular or normal)
    • Cabinet - looking for cheaper cabinets similar to "Crosair Obsidian Series 650D". Basically I am looking for hinges (A) and hard disk tray (B) like in the pic.
    • Hard Disk - 500GB HDD (plus 64-80GB SSD if covers within budget)
    • RAM - any size
    • LAN - Preferred 10/100/1000 "on-board-LAN"
  5. Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component
    • Yes, will upgrade the following within 6-12 months
    • Add a Graphics card to play the latest games
    • RAM if required for gaming
  6. Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)
    • Bangalore
    • Open to online purchase
  7. Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market
    • No
  8. What is your intended use for this PC/hardware
    • Gaming
    • Browsing
    • Office work
  9. Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.
    • Any brand will do
  10. If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?
    • No Games for now. Planned after a 6-12 months when i recoup the budget.
  11. What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage
    • Desktop - 1600x900
  12. Are you looking to overclock?
    • No
  13. Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?
    • Windows 8 or 8.1 64 bit

I would be willing to assemble the tower myself and its the first time I am doing the assembly! Any suggestion for the above configuration is welcome!

Thank you!

Attachments

• Corsair-Carbide-400R-Open1.jpg
    Corsair-Carbide-400R-Open1.jpg
    113.8 KB · Views: 158
  • CPU - Intel Core i5 4430 -13500
  • Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-H87M-D3H -7000
  • PSU - Antec VP450 -3900
  • Cabinet - NZXT Source 210 Elite -2900
  • Hard Disk - WD Caviar Blue 500GB -3500
  • RAM - Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz 4GB -2500
  • TOTAL - 33,300.

Have a look at this..
  • CPU - Intel Core i5 4430 -13299
  • Motherboard - Gigabyte H87M-D3H - 7367
  • PSU - Antec VP450P - 2865
  • Cabinet - Cooler Master N200A Mini Tower - 3260
  • Hard Disk - WD Caviar Blue 500GB - 3650
  • RAM - Corsair Vengeance DDR3 4 GB - 2875
  • Total - 33,000
Some of them are online prices,if its a local buy it would be less..:)
Cheers

Thank you both! If I'm not planning to add a graphics card in future, can I simply buy a normal PSU which will be worth around Rs.500?

Always buy a PSU which is good,can't trust on local PSU's which won't guarantee your internal components so IMHO don't compromise in PSU :)
Cheers

A good PSU is must, infact its literally the lifeline of your PC, if you dont want to get your stuff fried soon; yes you can opt for the local PSU, I am not saying they are bad either, but take into account of the quality of components used inside.

Look at the Seasonic SS400BT PSU or Corsair CX430 at the minimum. its always better to have good headroom, just incase you plan to upgrade. then a 500W-520W PSU will be needed.

Also look at how much is going to be your power requirerment using this tool

The prices locally are still better than the online ones.

@afterburner and abracadabra well yes I get the the point. Will sure keep this on mind when choosing the PSU :)

I'm really getting confused about selecting the processor.. Like whether there is any much difference between 4th gen i5 and 3rd Gen i7.. If I take the gaming part out of the picture, then I simply could save a few extra K's and go for 3rd Gen i5. What's the opinion for this?

I got to tell you guys, choosing smartphone is so much easier
. But selecting a PC component is too tough.. There are so many varieties of them and it's really confusing for a new person.

I really admire those people who know the ins and outs of their PC stuffs :D

Last edited:
Back