need the best possible phone for rs.16k

himadri_sm

Disciple
so i want to buy a phone with the following requirements(in terms of preference) -

1.Audio Quality- will be using it primarily as an alternative to a portable media player

2.Camera- has to be good enough, should be able to take decent pictures even in the dark

3.Wi-Fi- Decent Browsing capabilities..for email, facebook..youtube etc

4.Application & Games Support- not much into these but still should be available.

what are my options here?i have checked & i found these phones to my liking-

1.Xperia X10 Mini Pro(With Querty Keyboard)

2.Samsung I5801 Galaxy 3

3.Nokia X6

4.Samsung Wave

is there any other option? which among these would be my best bet?

ok guys i have finally decided to go with the wave......but seems like it is not available in mumbai (checked at alfa, the mobile store & some other local stores).i guess i'll just have to wait. it is available at flipkart.com & with a cash on delivery option...has anyone ever bought anything from flipkart(using the cash on delivery option)...is it reliable?it is available at a few stores but they are charging around 18-18.2k for it.....so i have made up my mind to order it from flipkart. but i have a few questions-

1. after the product is delivered i can check the package for any defects or whatever before accepting & making payment, right (i'll be using COD).

2.if the package isn't tempered with or the seal isn't broken, is it safe to assume that the product will be in perfect condition inside or should i check it?

3.do i get the bill along with the package or will i get it later/online?

please bear with me as this will be the first time i am shopping online & i do not know how the delivery system works.

BTW, does anyone have contact no's for samsung authorised dealers in mumbai?

^^ good decision & congrats.
Have used both wave & x6, the difference in touch screen between them is day & night , wave is very sensitive & the AMOLED display is superb , the x6 is nowhere near to wave in display & touch screen sensitivity.Don't forget multi touch input in wave which works well in zooming. Wave has got best touch screen & is comparable to Iphone
Processing is super quick with wave & everything opens without any wait where as x6 shows that progress bar for opening small things like folders etc.

If you can get the Wave for ~17k , get it .The best freaking phone under 20k ,IMO .I used it for 2-3 days and absolutely loved it :D .The screen is amazing ,the touch is also pretty good. Sound quality is top notch and watching videos on it is a delight. Its a pure multimedia phone. Only drawback could be lack of Android but its not a big deal since Bada has quite a few good games and apps and wont make a difference unless you really want to tinker around with the phone a lot .

vivacious_tg said:
^^ good decision & congrats.

Have used both wave & x6, the difference in touch screen between them is day & night , wave is very sensitive & the AMOLED display is superb , the x6 is nowhere near to wave in display & touch screen sensitivity.Don't forget multi touch input in wave which works well in zooming. Wave has got best touch screen & is comparable to Iphone

Processing is super quick with wave & everything opens without any wait where as x6 shows that progress bar for opening small things like folders etc.
FaH33m said:
If you can get the Wave for ~17k , get it .The best freaking phone under 20k ,IMO .I used it for 2-3 days and absolutely loved it :D .The screen is amazing ,the touch is also pretty good. Sound quality is top notch and watching videos on it is a delight. Its a pure multimedia phone. Only drawback could be lack of Android but its not a big deal since Bada has quite a few good games and apps and wont make a difference unless you really want to tinker around with the phone a lot .
how is it in terms of web browsing & watching flash videos?

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

himadri_sm said:
i have a few questions about buying from flipkart-

1. after the product is delivered i can check the package for any defects or whatever before accepting & making payment, right (i'll be using COD).

2.if the package isn't tempered with or the seal isn't broken, is it safe to assume that the product will be in perfect condition inside or should i check it?

please bear with me as this will be the first time i am shopping online & i do not know how the delivery system works.

please help me with these questions.

eshaan said:
I think you should have a look on these devices and use them for a while as not everyone has the same experience while using Touchscreens, and as you haven't used any touchscreen devices as of now so it basically depends on the usage. I mean if you message a lot, then it takes some time to get used to it.

Where did u get that price quote? Could you please specify where exactly in Gurgaon. I myself was looking for a good deal for the Wave.

Its available for that price with Spice Communication, Sector-14. Just talk to them as if you know a guy named Sachin very well and voila.

himadri_sm said:
so i have made up my mind to order it from flipkart. but i have a few questions-

flipkart is very reliable when it comes to books but I have never bought a mobile from them.

You will get the bill inside the package. If the package is not tampered, the product will be in perfect condition, dont worry.

guys the Wave is nowhere available in the andheri area so i've decide to wait..i am putting off ordering from flipkart as i want to buy from the latest stock that will be available by the end of this month....but i have also read that SE xperia X8 will also be releasing at that time..so what should i do? should i consider that also or should i still go with the Wave, based on my needs?

The Wave having its own OS can be an intimidating thing in the long term.
Android is good, but phones in that price range may not necessarily get updated to the newest version when it does come out (3.0 or Gingerbread expected towards the end of calendar year)

The Nokia X6 is faster than the Nokia 5800XM and looks good, has improved features. I did not find it slow. The standardized OS (for Nokia and for all the developers/apps working on it) means extending functionality is never too far away. Not very much to dis-like about the X6, eh? :)

himadri_sm said:
guys the Wave is nowhere available in the andheri area so i've decide to wait..i am putting off ordering from flipkart as i want to buy from the latest stock that will be available by the end of this month....but i have also read that SE xperia X8 will also be releasing at that time..so what should i do? should i consider that also or should i still go with the Wave, based on my needs?

did you check somewhere else in borivali, malad, or goregaon

prathapml said:
The Wave having its own OS can be an intimidating thing in the long term.

Android is good, but phones in that price range may not necessarily get updated to the newest version when it does come out (3.0 or Gingerbread expected towards the end of calendar year)

The Nokia X6 is faster than the Nokia 5800XM and looks good, has improved features. I did not find it slow. The standardized OS (for Nokia and for all the developers/apps working on it) means extending functionality is never too far away. Not very much to dis-like about the X6, eh? :)

yeah X6 is actually my second choice right after the wave but still i am going with the wave as its hardware is better & i hope the bada os will see apps developing for it in the future...
techno_guy said:
did you check somewhere else in borivali, malad, or goregaon

no i haven't..as i said i am waiting for new stocks to arrive so i'll begin my search again by the end of the month..

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

i have a few questions-

1. since the EU firmware is not officially supported in india through Kies, will there be any problems while installing it?

2.will it void the warranty?

3.is there any memory management issues?(read in some forums but it seems the reason is always a fault with the user)

4.if i installed some apps & stuff in phone memory, is it still possible to move them to memory card?

5.i have a nokia 6300 & i have different folders like applications, games & i have separately installed applications & games to the respective folders.....is it possible to do the same in wave..like creating different folders & moving & arranging stuff?

6.is it possible that the games & apps will run if i just copy & paste them from the pc to the memory card without using kies? (again in my nokia 6300 i never needed the PC Suite to install stuff, i just connected the phone in mass storage mode & copied over the apps/ games files to folders on the memory card & they ran just like that)

7.does it come with a separate memory card or just the 2gb of internal memory?

please answer these questions as this is the first time i'll be using a smartphone & i'd really appreciate it if someone explains these stuff. Thank You.

ok guys i finally bought the wave from alfa today for rs17,500/- maybe i paid a bit more but i was tired of waiting....most shops did not have it so when i finally found it at alfa...i did not think twice before buying...tinkered with the phone a bit...the display is so gorgeous that it becomes the sole reason to possess this phone.....thanx a lot guys for helping me choose this as i was pretty apprehensive at first.

Back