Video Need suggestions for buying new TV

nsas02

Disciple
Guys, need help for buying a new TV as the current one started throwing couple of lines on the display. Max budget is 60k (65k only if it an excellent buy). Size can be 50/55 inches, not less or more as my current one is 50 inches.

Must have:
- Excellent display with nice support for HDR, HDR10+ contents as I watch lots of 4k HDR rips
- Excellent color reproduction
- HEVC playback and DD+ pass through ( I believe most of the recent TVs will have this)
- Decent SD content upscaling without much motion blur as my parents watch lots of SD TV contents
- Atleast 3 years of warranty or option to buy extended warranty

Nice to have:
- Google TV OS
- Dolby Vision support
- Nice speakers with a woofer

I'm fine with Tizen/WebOS/Vidaa OS also. I can buy a 4K FTV stick and manage apps. My usage will be OTT apps, Plex, IPTV player (as I use selfhosted JioTV). But I'll be missing smart YouTube for ad-free in case of non-android OS. I haven't mentioned 5G WiFi, HDMI arc etc as I presume to be available in all TVs. I'm fine with 2022 models also, not necessary to be a recent one. If suggesting Sony/Samsung/LG I will be checking offline prices. Other TVs will be online. Do send online URLs pls.

AM I missing anything?

Get Sony X74L 55" for 55k or so, will be more than enough for most people.

If you really want the 2 year extended warranty, settle for the cheapest Samsung/LG 55" 4K for under 45k & buy the extended warranty that usually costs upto 10-12k.

You can check samsung qn90c 50" in offline stores. Just last week someone bought it for 70K. It's a great tv.

Edit: I just saw that you mentioned that you need Dolby Vision support but Samsung TVs don't support Dolby Vision.

Last edited:
Nope. It can cut off from mains and operates just on battery when it detects a surge or low voltage but that range is usually greater than what a UPS works in.
Almost all inverters nowadays also come with a ups mode which has much narrower range for voltage fluctuation but that also means all the devices connected to inverter in your home switching to battery with even a relatively minor voltage fluctuation.

samsung qn90c
Man, I went o Croma and they showed this TV as big offers and with EMI the final price came to 70k as you mentioned. But I was not happy with the video. I mean, not the quality. I don't know how to say this, they played Naatu Koothu song. There was so much screen tearing, like we get in video games. I couldn't tolerate it at all. I asked the guy to turn off any kind of motion control of frame generation etc, he did some changes under picture settings. Still, I was not convinced. I was not alone, I asked and wife also felt the same. They showed 65inch model and played a 1080p content. Not sure if it was because of that. But then, the store mode content that they played was fantastic.
So, my search still continues ...

Man, I went o Croma and they showed this TV as big offers and with EMI the final price came to 70k as you mentioned. But I was not happy with the video. I mean, not the quality. I don't know how to say this, they played Naatu Koothu song. There was so much screen tearing, like we get in video games. I couldn't tolerate it at all. I asked the guy to turn off any kind of motion control of frame generation etc, he did some changes under picture settings. Still, I was not convinced. I was not alone, I asked and wife also felt the same. They showed 65inch model and played a 1080p content. Not sure if it was because of that. But then, the store mode content that they played was fantastic.
Try looking for some deals on LG C3 or C2' they're a little more expensive but I think a TV might be worth the investment

I have a qn90b but the issues you mentioned are not there on my TV. This issue may be due to the panel or some settings. 65" qn90c has ADS panel and 50" has VA panel.

I'd recommend the Toshiba QLED TV 55M650MP (53k on amazon) . includes free fire stick and also great HDR capabilities for the price. (120 Local Dimming Zones | 600 nits Peaking Brightness | HDR Dolby vision and VRR supported).

Could you check how much does the LG A2 goes for locally??

Might be a good fit for your needs if ya can get it around 60-65 ish

LG A2 goes for locally
Croma guy said it's not available with Croma at all as it is an older model.
I'd recommend the Toshiba QLED TV 55M650MP (53k on amazon) . includes free fire stick and also great HDR capabilities for the price. (120 Local Dimming Zones | 600 nits Peaking Brightness | HDR Dolby vision and VRR supported).
Yes. I'm also looking at Hisense U6K, U7K, U7K Pro also, along with 650MP and 550MP. Yet to finalize anything. Any suggestion is welcome

Croma guy said it's not available with Croma at all as it is an older model.

Yes. I'm also looking at Hisense U6K, U7K, U7K Pro also, along with 650MP and 550MP. Yet to finalize anything. Any suggestion is welcome
Make sure to research about hisense after sales support in your city as its quality varies greatly. You don't want your tv to be gone for month+ in case of any issue.

Back