Need suggestions for a Qwerty android phone

utsav

Disciple
am looking for a qwerty android phone with a minimum of 3.7" screen but didnt found any phone which is good .

my budget is around 20-23k

moto milestone 2 would have been the best choice but its not available in india , so please suggest some available options :)

I think that the Milestone 2 is available at Letsbuy.com but some folks claim that it is the old Milestone which is wrongly listed there.

Another option is to get the Samsung Epic 4G off Ebay. It will cost about 20k. But remember that it is a CDMA handset & will work only with Reliance & Tata Indicom. Plus no warranty on your purchase.

My recommendation would be that you drop qwerty from your requirements list & get the Galaxy SL.

EDIT: It seems that it was a mistake. The Milestone 2 listing has been removed from Letsbuy.

qwerty is a must have requirement for me as i will be sending 50-100 smses from it daily and typing touch screen is a pain in the A$$ , any idea if moto milestone 2 will be available in india anytime soon ??

utsav said:
qwerty is a must have requirement for me as i will be sending 50-100 smses from it daily and typing touch screen is a pain in the A$$ , any idea if moto milestone 2 will be available in india anytime soon ??
Have you tried Swype on Android or Nokia? If you are messaging in English, it is pretty awesome. If you are transliterating, it still remembers what you typed, and this would make your typing faster than on a QWERTY.

agantuk said:
Have you tried Swype on Android or Nokia? If you are messaging in English, it is pretty awesome. If you are transliterating, it still remembers what you typed, and this would make your typing faster than on a QWERTY.

never tried swype, heard about it a lot , will check out some videos in youtube. i avoid samsung coz of two reasons , i dont like the touchwiz UI and the design n look of the phone feels cheap

utsav said:
never tried swype, heard about it a lot , will check out some videos in youtube. i avoid samsung coz of two reasons , i dont like the touchwiz UI and the design n look of the phone feels cheap
Well Samsung was just one of the parties involved with its development, however, the product is really nice. It is available on Nokia, and on Android it is in the beta stage. I felt that the Android was slightly inferior compared to the Symbian one, but at the end of the day both are really fast and accurate.

pauldmps said:
Milestone would cost about 20-21k.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Best without qwerty options would be the Samsung Galaxy SL & Motorola Defy.
i liked the defy but only downside is android 2.1 , will there be any update in the future??

AFAIK Milestone 2 at Letsbuy.com is just Milestone 1 Modified.

Wait for sometime and get Milestone 2.

Else get something like Milestone 1 atm, however, I wouldn't recommend it as:

1. It is really old hardware, a 600 Mhz CPU

2. Why do you need a QWERTY kb???? :S

Anyway, 2 is completely your wish. But spending around 20k on such old hardware which will be replaced very soon doesn't make too much sense.

If something does come from HTC, forget the looks and go for it :)

rite said:
AFAIK Milestone 2 at Letsbuy.com is just Milestone 1 Modified.

Wait for sometime and get Milestone 2.

Else get something like Milestone 1 atm, however, I wouldn't recommend it as:

1. It is really old hardware, a 600 Mhz CPU

2. Why do you need a QWERTY kb???? :S

Anyway, 2 is completely your wish. But spending around 20k on such old hardware which will be replaced very soon doesn't make too much sense.

If something does come from HTC, forget the looks and go for it :)
spending 20k on old hardware would be foolishness, and i need qwerty as i send a lot of smses n emails daily.

Anyways for now i bought a Motorola Defy from letsbuy for 15.1k . seems the best vfm at the moment .

thanks guys for all the suggestions and your valuable time :)

Outdated hardware on the Desire Z? Have you even used the phone?

I use SetCPU on mine to overclock to 1.2GHz, and this thing flies, even under Android's stupid multitasking limitations.

I'd recommend this over the MM2, purely because of HTC's generosity in providing an unlocked bootloader, and some great ROMs, Gingerbread even, out for this phone.

Back